Razorback's home buying experience

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The waiting is the hardest part! Be prepared for obstacles thrown up along the way. Just roll with it and address each issue one at a time as they come up. You're on the home stretch now!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How many square feet? Willing to share the MLS#?

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
The waiting is the hardest part! Be prepared for obstacles thrown up along the way. Just roll with it and address each issue one at a time as they come up. You're on the home stretch now!

I'm as prepared as I can be, I read your whole thread. I hate this waiting crap!

How many square feet? Willing to share the MLS#?

1906 sq ft. I was unable to find the MLS number. LOL I can post a link to the realtor.com listing. I guess there's no harm in that, eh?

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
(Possible) Exciting update!

The appraisal came back yesterday, all came out good! I received a message from our realtor today. The sellers are getting their possessions out of the house this weekend. They're wanting to move up the closing date to 4/28, next Friday! I was hesitant because I apparently didn't know how mortgage payments worked....even though I've owned a home before. I was worried we'd have a payment due in May and also a rent payment on our current home, as I haven't notified the landlord yet. Since our first mortgage payment won't be due until June 1, I have no problem moving it up! It'll also save us on a little closing costs by only having to pay two days of interest instead of 12.

Hopefully I can put up a bunch more pics next weekend!

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
(Definite) Exciting update!!!

I got the email this morning from the mortgage officer at the bank. We've moved the closing date to 4/28!

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
I believe it's best to close at the far-end of the month so...you're good. Congrats!

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
You will end up spending the cash, don't you worry.

Oh, absolutely. This weekend I'll be putting down epoxy in the garage and building a platform for the washer and dryer. The garage is big enough that it's going to take two of the 2-car garage kits to cover it. Ugh.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the house, that sounds rough having a big garage ;)

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The garage is 22.5' x 23.5'. I'm not going to complain about that at all. :) Pics to come this weekend.

That's a fairly standard size 2 car garage. Anything in the 20' x 20' to 24' x 24' range is accepted as a "2 car garage".

Last edited:

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
That's a fairly standard size 2 car garage. Anything in the 20' x 20' to 24' x 24' range is accepted as a "2 car garage".

Must be location dependent. We looked at a ton of houses with 2-car attached garages and most were quite smaller than this one. My brother's garage is so small that you have to turn sideways to walk in front of his 2003 Mach 1. And you can't walk in front of his Explorer while it's in there. *shrug*

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
An extra 2-3 feet makes a big difference in a garage. It can mean the difference between being able to open the door or not, and having room for a work bench or washer and dryer in front of the car.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of pics. I forget to take them. Every time.

Anyway, the deck needs some cleaning. It's covered in algae and gets damn slick when it's wet out. I was thinking of buying some of the deck cleaner from Lowes and use a couple scrub brushes. Anyone have experience with that? Or should I head straight for a pressure washer? Thanks!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of pics. I forget to take them. Every time.

Anyway, the deck needs some cleaning. It's covered in algae and gets damn slick when it's wet out. I was thinking of buying some of the deck cleaner from Lowes and use a couple scrub brushes. Anyone have experience with that? Or should I head straight for a pressure washer? Thanks!

My deck is painted. Friends don't let friends paint decks. I am thinking about soda blasting my deck. I have the blaster and the compressor. Just have to buy lots of media and get to work. My deck is kinda iffy and may have to be replaced in 3 or 4 years. But if I blast it and then brush on some water sealer I may buy another year or two.

Soda blasting will take everything off and leave the wood unharmed. A good stiff brush on a broom handle so you don't have to be bent over on your knees all day would get the job done too. Maybe some kind of algicide cleaner?

Straight distilled white vinegar might kill it. It will put a hurt on dandelines. Not a harsh chemical which is nice. I have read that mixed with common table salt it is a nice non-chemical weed killer if you want nothing growing back where you use it. I am going to try it in my gravel driveway this year.

Last edited:

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I'll look into that. The wood is worn, but not too bad and is still really solid. I want to seal it with something too, I just haven't looked.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
gotta protect your deck.

I didn't say don't protect it. I said don't paint it. Some dope before we owned our house painted the deck on the house light blue. Same as the house. Looks like crap. You stain/seal a deck. Not paint.

Or you build the entire thing out of pressure treated lumber. My parents did this. Never put a drop of stain or sealer or paint on it. Had it power washed once. Got almost 25 years service out of it and it was only torn off because it was sagging a little bit from too much spacing for the supports. They replaced it with composite.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back