Driveshaft Length For '05-'14 TREMEC Magnum XL Swap

InFinite

FNG
Reaction score
Hey folks–

I believe this is my first thread on this forum, so I apologize if this question has already been answered (I tried using the search function with no luck).

I have a 2005 Mustang GT that I am performing a TREMEC Magnum XL swap into. If you're familiar with this type of swap, you'll know that the swap requires a new (or modified) driveshaft in order to complete it.

I've searched everywhere on this forum and a few others, and for the life of me, I can not find the measurements for the length of the driveshaft necessary. Does anyone know the measurements from the center of the front U-joint to the center of the rear U-joint?

Or from the front of the slip yoke to the rear of the pinion flange? If anyone has this information and wouldn't mind sharing it, I would greatly appreciate! I am looking to provide a local driveshaft shop with these measurements so that they can fabricate a driveshaft for the swap.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I bought my kit from JPC and it included a driveshaft. Perhaps they can provide you with the specs.

InFinite

FNG
Reaction score
I bought my kit from JPC and it included a driveshaft. Perhaps they can provide you with the specs.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately when I called them and asked them for those specs, they weren't too pleased with me asking and declined to help. Can't say I blame them, but I am trying to support local business and save some money in the process.

I would go as far as to ask if you wouldn't mind measuring it C-to-C, but I don't want to inconvenience you... lol

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Was on the Bullitt, which I totaled over 3 years ago. Parted it out and that transmission and driveshaft are somewhere in north GA now.

InFinite

FNG
Reaction score
Just throwing up a quick bump.. I think this might just be the most coveted secret in the entire Mustang community.. lol

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
i will have my buddies car up in the air in next few days. i will get you a measurement.

InFinite

FNG
Reaction score
i will have my buddies car up in the air in next few days. i will get you a measurement.

Man, you are a life saver, sir! I greatly appreciate it. If there is anyway you could possibly take a few pictures in the process, I would seriously mail you an entire 36 rack of beer!

Just realized that I think the measurements have to be taken on the ground due to the pinion angle.. or am I wrong about that?

Last edited:

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
lol yeah i will snap some.....you just want ds pics?

InFinite

FNG
Reaction score
lol yeah i will snap some.....you just want ds pics?

Thanks brother.. if you wouldn't mind getting a shot showing the measurements front and rear, I think that'll work. I think I really only need from the center of the rear U-joint to the center of the front U-joint, and that should be good to go. Fingers crossed.. lol

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I may be going in this direction, but will probably just get the whole kit to make life easier.

InFinite

FNG
Reaction score
I may be going in this direction, but will probably just get the whole kit to make life easier.

Normally, I would have gone this route, but I got a fantastic deal on this transmission. Thus leaving me to fend for my own driveshaft..

Brick

forum member
Reaction score
Lethal Performance also carries the driveshafts for the Magnum XL swap. Catch them during one of their 15% off sales for DSS near the holidays and it may be more affordable than having something custom made. I'm piecing together the swap also and went this route myself.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back