New motor mounts - S197 3V

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
That's interesting about the false knock. I never noticed that on my '07. I had the steeda motor mounts, CHE trans torque straps, alum drive shaft and other mods.

It's something to keep in the back of your mind after modifications where isolation mounts are being upgraded or eliminated should you start experiencing issues with the knock sensor going active and pulling timing afterward. Today's knock sensors are better filtered to tighter frequency ranges closer in line with knock but clunking and banging through the drivetrain from stiffer suspension and power train mounting components may induce issues. Something wise to datalog for after more serious modifications like solid suspension and motor mounts and/or K members, etc.

Awareness is half the battle to proper modifications IMHO. For extreme radical race applications I suspect most tuners simply disable the knock sensors all together.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I used the Steeda eng mounts on my 2010 auto with M90. They were installed at the same time as my JBA LT's. Steeda provided 4 x red and 2 x blacks. I opted for the one red and one black on each side combo. The black mounts have slightly stiffer durometer rating. The steeda mounts for the GT-500 are just 4 x blacks, NO reds provided.

Steeda mounts also provide for an option of..either stock eng height..OR a 1/4 - 1/2 - 3/4" eng drop. I used the 1/4" drop option, to provide a bit more clearance between Roush CAI tube and my steeda front strut brace. Go too low, and #8 primary on my JBA LT's will hit the steering shaft. Saving grace is, the eng is trying to lift on the Driver's side..and compress on the pass side. Hence why a black mount is used on the lower side of the pass eng mount assy..and a red on the upper side of the pass eng mount. Vice versa for driver's side..with black on top and red below.

I noticed a very slight, just perceptible, barely audible, increase in NVH between 600-650 rpm. My 2010 is an auto. Idle has since been increased to 750 rpm, now it's gone, since the increase in NVH was across an exremely narrow rpm range.
(750 idle is when in 'drive'..with foot on brake..at a red light.)

No false knock sensor activity...but I only have 5.8 psi boost. JBA LT install manual highly recommended tossing the oem Ford eng mounts..and using the Steeda version. It made sense to do the LT's..and new steeda eng mounts..at the same time.... one shot deal.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back