Looking for more low end power on a 2014 GT

302pony

Reaction score
I have a 2014 GT automatic and have an airaid cold air intake, Kooks side exhaust, Ford Racing quad tip axelbacks by Borla, 3:73 rear end gears and a Bama tune. I dynoed the car and was extremely disappointed, she dynoed a best 361 Rear wheel horsepower. The car is mostly for show and I never took it to the track yet. I really don't plan on racing it much but would like to see what she could do in the qtr. mile. I don't want to put a supercharger, or open the motor, no nitrous or even a Boss 302 intake. I want to get 400 rear wheel horse power or more. I was thinking long tube headers with high Flo cats but heard I might lose low end torque by putting long tube headers. What do you all recommend in an add on to get me 40 more rear wheel hp without losing low end torque. No Boss 302 intake, nitrous, supercharger or camshaft.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Get another tuner. Bama tends to be safer tunes.
Also Dyno are hard to use for numbers because of multiple conditions and how the Dyno itself is setup.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The gears may be hurting more than helping. The autos already have a very low first gear, I believe the big guys are running the stock 3.31 gears for the best numbers.

And yes, get a better tune. AM sells the Wal Mart of tunes.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
Agreed ^^^ try Lund or VMP for a good tune. I have a Lund tune but also a Whipple on mine.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yes those gears in an auto have proven to be the same time's, or even slower at the track.

1st is super short which gets you goin really fast

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The old ones got replaced with new ones who spend most of their time at busier forums. This place is long past it's heyday.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The old ones got replaced with new ones who spend most of their time at busier forums. This place is long past it's heyday.

Hard to say what the guests are buying. I just wish they would fix their obsolete ad.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I got a deal on my wheels because I'm OG around here. Staying optimistic, if the fox forums are still around this one will endure. Maybe meld with the good old fashioned corral. Times change, who knows what might happen.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't lose low end torque with longtubes so wherever you heard that from, start by not listening to them. You will often see a bigger gain in torque at the low and mid range with longtubes and the gains diminish as the engine speeds up and no longer requires scavenging to pull the exhaust out of the head.

As others have said, start with a better tuner and go from there.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I would get another tune other than Bama.

A converter will make it feel like it picked up 50 horsepower.

Oh and ditch the 3.73's back to the 3.15's.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Trade your '14 GT for a Shelby (any year) w/manual tranny...;) :D

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have a 2014 GT automatic and have an airaid cold air intake, Kooks side exhaust, Ford Racing quad tip axelbacks by Borla, 3:73 rear end gears and a Bama tune. I dynoed the car and was extremely disappointed, she dynoed a best 361 Rear wheel horsepower. The car is mostly for show and I never took it to the track yet. I really don't plan on racing it much but would like to see what she could do in the qtr. mile. I don't want to put a supercharger, or open the motor, no nitrous or even a Boss 302 intake. I want to get 400 rear wheel horse power or more. I was thinking long tube headers with high Flo cats but heard I might lose low end torque by putting long tube headers. What do you all recommend in an add on to get me 40 more rear wheel hp without losing low end torque. No Boss 302 intake, nitrous, supercharger or camshaft.

So you want to add 40 hp without any power adders? Good luck.

Maybe if you remove the AC and alternator. Add electric H2O pump. Light 15" rims, remove brake rotors, change driveshafts.

Or maybe switch up fuels. Don't know if you can add enough timing with E85 but maybe with some C10.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
1dJKxSH.jpg

Try this. They guarantee results. LOL!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The gears may be hurting more than helping. The autos already have a very low first gear, I believe the big guys are running the stock 3.31 gears for the best numbers.

And yes, get a better tune. AM sells the Wal Mart of tunes.

'11+ autos come with 3.15 final drive.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
It almost sounds as if your disappointed because of the numbers the dyno spit out, and not because it's actually running poorly? How does the car feel, how does it do if you race someone. (Before and after) testing is the only thing dynos should be used for imo. I'd get an aftermarket torque converter if I was you, the car will be much quicker, but will probably read even lower on the dyno though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back