Get rid of your 3valve it'll never be fast!!!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
You see folks, it's all lies!!

https://www.facebook.com/performanceplussaskatoon/videos/1669555933087011/

100% stock with a Magnaflow cat back and a
ProCharger F1a on pump gas, not e85. OEM cats and exhaust manifolds. 761rwhp��
#performanceplus #procharger #yxe
www.performanceplus.com

One, I don't believe that dog and pony show shit anymore. You can make ANYTHING show more power on the dyno. And two, it was on 94 octane.

And notice how they didn't say how much boost it had.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One, I don't believe that dog and pony show shit anymore. You can make ANYTHING show more power on the dyno. And two, it was on 94 octane.

And notice how they didn't say how much boost it had.

What if they lowered the compression? Say to something similar to the 3v compression ratio. I guess the coyote engine they are talking about is "stock"

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
What if they lowered the compression? Say to something similar to the 3v compression ratio. I guess the coyote engine they are talking about is "stock"

Oh yeah, if you drop the compression ratio you can make more power on pump gas. But now we're talking about being at a power level where the motor your using isn't a big part of the equation. Well, when using a PD blower. If you use a turbo or centri blower the layout of the motor is a bigger factor. Which is one of the reasons I'm a big fan of PD blowers.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, if you drop the compression ratio you can make more power on pump gas. But now we're talking about being at a power level where the motor your using isn't a big part of the equation. Well, when using a PD blower. If you use a turbo or centri blower the layout of the motor is a bigger factor. Which is one of the reasons I'm a big fan of PD blowers.
Which is the main reason I am getting your gt450 kit in about 11 months or so. You know your stuff and participate here on a level I find extraordinary. Collecting "snake parts" at the moment while saving for the gt450.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

sprchrgd s197

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
Reaction score

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
the 3v actually holds the advantage because it doesn't have 11:1 compression like the Yote which limits what you can make on pump gas.

True but you can adjust the exaust cam angle on the yote and avoid low/mid range detonation. Ive attached a great read thats completely spot on in every way, other than the 50$ for main bolts and 90$ for head bolts part... that shits like 700$

http://www.departmentofboost.com/tech/boosting_3v.htm

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
the 3v actually holds the advantage because it doesn't have 11:1 compression like the Yote which limits what you can make on pump gas.

True but you can adjust the exaust cam angle on the yote and avoid low/mid range detonation. Ive attached a great read thats completely spot on in every way, other than the 50$ for main bolts and 90$ for head bolts part... that shits like 700$

ummm.....dude....
did you just link an article about boosting 3v's, to the fucking dude that wrote the article? that shit is GOLD

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I would rather have it be that he was joking or not... probably going for the not joking because foot-in-mouth is hilarious

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

You can't adjust the high end cam overlap to bleed off boost. Well, you could. But then why pulley it to make that much boost in the first place?

The Yote is limited by it's 11:1 ratio and pump gas at a certain point. There is no way around it short of dropping the compression and then throwing more blower speed at it.

And yeah, you just linked and article I wrote. Strong move.:insane:

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
You can't adjust the high end cam overlap to bleed off boost. Well, you could. But then why pulley it to make that much boost in the first place?

The Yote is limited by it's 11:1 ratio and pump gas at a certain point. There is no way around it short of dropping the compression and then throwing more blower speed at it.

And yeah, you just linked and article I wrote. Strong move.:insane:

Lol! I needed that laugh waking up this morning..

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ummm.....dude....
did you just link an article about boosting 3v's, to the fucking dude that wrote the article? that shit is GOLD

Was thinking kinda the same thing.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder how much difference the half point compression drop between the F150 and mustang versions of the coyote could help with ultimate output when using a DOB kit. Probably not a whole lot.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I drive around with the 630 rwhp tune in and since I don't really have a need to even use that power, I prefer driving around with the sound of a bad ass 3v. Pulling up to the bubble lawn mower machines at a light and giving it a rev makes me grin even if they do have a better engine. I also have a red switch to my 2 stage boost controller in my glove box if the 767rwhp is needed to make a point.

rrRi23k.jpg

Last edited:

sprchrgd s197

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
Reaction score
I drive around with the 630 rwhp tune in and since I don't really have a need to even use that power, I prefer driving around with the sound of a bad ass 3v. Pulling up to the bubble lawn mower machines at a light and giving it a rev makes me grin even if they do have a better engine. I also have a red switch to my 2 stage boost controller in my glove box if the 767rwhp is needed to make a point.

rrRi23k.jpg

:ryu:
I likey!!!!! What engine are you running?

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I would rather have it be that he was joking or not... probably going for the not joking because foot-in-mouth is hilarious

Probably not joking. Lots of guys know just enough about cars to be completely blind on some things. Kind of like how people say "domestic beats import every time" but then there is an 8 second honda sitting right there. This is also like how when the LS1 came out all of a sudden all those 10 and 11 second SBCs became "slow" and "junk".

The whole process is also mentally lazy.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I was going to post more but I failed to find the fucks I give when someone goes faster than me. :roflmao:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
As previously mentioned the 3v block is much stronger than the yote block in any year. One must literally spend thousands to reinforce a yote block if you want to make decent power (anywhere remotely near 800+ rwhp), which is not necessary for the 3v block. I seriously looked into doing a coyote swap a couple times but the extraordinary expense to reinforce the block and everything else made it an easy decision to stay 3v. I found it would cost at least $25k+ to do a proper yote swap that would hold reasonably decent power, that's just way too much for me. I'm taking something that will hold 20+ psi reliably. Sleeved and reinforced block, quality forged rta, etc. For a motor like that all you can really use from a scrapyard yote is the block (for a core only) and heads (castings only). Everything else must be upgraded from the intake to exhaust, computer, etc.

Last edited:

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
:ryu:
I likey!!!!! What engine are you running?

The lower end is a Ford Racing 4.6 Aluminator I put in back in Feb of 2012, stock compression. Heads are Ford Racing stock with some porting that comes with, these are the cheaper version. Intake manifold is a fabricated S&H from Jeremy and a BBK TB, Pac valve springs and Anderson Ford blower grind cams. It has 3" intake piping I fabricated to a custom made intercooler by S&H. Meth injected with a wastegate set at 23psi for the max position on boost controller and a Tial BV. Fuel system is a GT500 Setup, KB dual Bap, and Jeremy's (S&H) pump and fuel line upgrade. Phasers Locked and VCT System Removed.

The Ford Racing Aluminator shortblock during that time was around $3500.00 delivered. Discontinuing this engine block was the worst thing Ford could do to us 3v guys.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back