Rear end bang..help

teeje

Reaction score
H eu guys. I've been battling the rear end clunk for some time now. I just replaced the sway bar bushings and end link bushings with polyurethane bushings. While I was under there i also greased the control arm bushings. One thing I should've done is tighten everything with the weight on the vehicle by jacking up the diff. But now I still have the clunk and now I have a loud bang like a loud snap when I hit a bump really fast or lets say I'm in fourth gear and down shift to second and punch it I hear it also. I'm confused. Handling is fine nothing is broken it seems. I need some help. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock uca and lca's? Did you grease/inspect them all? Stock driveshaft?

teeje

Reaction score
Yes greased those too. And yes stock. However the too one may be in a bind. When I took it out i had to pull the upper control arm down. I didn't have the rear end jacked up all the way, though

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
All the upper control arm mount bolts nice and tight, including the one under the rear seat?

teeje

Reaction score
Lol found it took the lower control arms out. Bushings fell out..could also hear a clunk when moving them

teeje

Reaction score
Well, before I tackle this today, should I go stock, does performance or What? Not sure what,I can get same day where I live but I'm open to options

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back