Just about had enough...

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What in the hell is going on with you people? Why can't someone sell what it is they are advertising? Or ship the damn product after it is paid for? Has the economy gotten so bad that the only way you have to make extra cash is to rip off your fellow board members?

It has gotten to the point of being ridiculous. In the last week we have had complaints on three different transactions. Either someone purchasing one thing and being sent another or someone paying for something and never hearing from the seller again. Then there is the ever so popular I called dibs and PMed you but you sold it to someone else, or you sold it local, or whatever the hell happened. We're tired of it. This is bullshit. You guys aren't fucking honest enough to have a clean transaction on here then we don't even want you on the board. Go somewhere else to screw people.

One more bad transaction deal from the classifieds and I swear I will do everything I can to convince Kim to let me just delete the whole fucking For Sale section and shut it down.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%; I hope it does not come to that but would understand if it did; how about banning the guilty parties or suspending their privledges for buying/selling?

I don't want to lose this section as I have bought/sold quite a bit on it and am relying on here as well as other sites to sell/buy mustang stuff...hopefully I am not alone in this...it sucks that a few people have to potentially ruin it for all of us.

I am a huge fan of having the guilty parties being held accountable for their actions by whatever the mods can do to them.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can that Classified be made to run like the Club, i.e. a Mod or Admin have to grant you access?

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
I hope we dont have to shut the ForSale section down, I really dont go anywhere else other than craigslist to find parts. This has been the number 1 place Ive bought all my parts and they have been great deals. I think the people who sold the parts should be banned from the forums rather than hurting everyone else.

Another idea would be the person who wants to buy MUST post a reply to the topic before a PM to show where they are on the list rather than just a PM. That way everyone knows who was where. And after so many days (set by the Admin or Mod of this section) after posting you want the part, then it goes onto the next person in line if there is no word or payment. If the person on the list cant do it or backs out then they must reply to a post or the seller must interject with "so-and-so cant, next on the list"

IDK just a thought but I really hope this section can stay open. There has to be another way to keep it open for everyone else who has good ethics

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Another thing is miscommunication and honestly sometimes people are just fucking crybabies.. "my parts are taking too long," "Why didn't you leave work early to ship my part 16 minutes after I bought it?" "I'll send you the money tonight (3 weeks later, nothing)" "I'm having to shear some of my sheep, couldn't make it to UPS today." "I sent it off, but I'll give you the tracking number at the end of the week." boo fucking hoo. Everyone's got an excuse.

Or the ever popular situation:
Seller: I'm selling _____ for $200
Potential buyer: I'll give you $110 shipped.
Seller: I'll do 180 shipped and waive paypal fees.
Potential Buyer: I'll do 120 shipped and no paypal fees.
Seller: I can't go any lower.
Potential Buyer: Well I found it on ebay for 120....
Seller: (Should say) Then go buy that one and leave me the fuck alone you cheap son of a bitch.

Problems come from both ends alot, and after instigators and fuck sticks messing up my classifieds threads on other boards, I just said fuck it, I'm never selling shit on any board again. It seems like no one wants a deal anymore, they want a steal and nothing more. They want a brand new fucking part, an expensive ass part, looks new, has low miles on it, no obvious wear, and they want it all for 28% of the original price. :mad2:

Luckily on this board, I've never had any bad deals, but I read about people's stories and it a shame to see people not holding up their end of the deal. If you're going to flake, flake on your bros when they're meeting up to go to Chili's, don't flake on a deal you've made.

Some people fucking disgust me. :ugh1:

/rant.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Closing it down is not the answer. It would be really unfortunate for the many honest people buying and selling here to have it fucked up by a few assholes.

How about just deal with the assholes?

I like the idea of a private For Sale section, and maybe somehow charge 1% of the transaction for the service, and that money can be put back itno further inproving the site. Buyer and Seller to split the 1% evenly.?.?.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I for one like the For Sale Section but do agree that if it continues, perhaps it should be a privledge like the Club. It sucks that anybody can create a S/N, fuck someone out of a couple hundred bucks and never be seen or heard of again.

It would be nice if the board could make everybody enter a verified bank account or something to make a purchase/sell.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
making it a members only area IE "the club" only puts more shit at the feet of the admins/mods to deal with.

there really is no way for the board to "Administer" a for sale section unless everyone was willing to put up some type of bond to be member of the f/s area.

:2cents:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
My itrader may not reflect it (mainly because I get lazy and don't follow it up) but I've bought and sold many thousands of dollars on this board. It's always my first choice to sell on because of the ease of every transaction I've occurred. I was going through my paypal not to long ago and I can account for at least 100+ transactions just because of the S197 classifieds.

Guess I said that to say this, if it's new guys that are causing the issue we should try to enforce a post count and/or time limit. Whichever is longer. If you sign up just to try to sell something your really not contributing to this board so good riddance.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
It would indeed be a sad day to see the For Sale section go away. Like many on here, I've bought and sold many a part and saved a lot of money doing so, in turn helping out fellow members get something or take something off their hands.

By the huge number of excellent iTrader ratings, it's obvious that most people deal fairly with others here. And we really do appreciate being able to do such deals.

Letting a few bad apples ruin something good would be sad.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I just sold a set of delete plates and have also sold some other stuff in the past with no problems. I have a sale pending on some pulleys - although I haven't heard back from the guy in about 24 hours and he was supposed to have made payment arrangements by now. But w/e, I'll wait.

Would be a shame to shut the whole thing down over some bad apples.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use the Itrader when I buy something, everytime. I too dont want to see the classified section go away. But I understand how much of a pain in the ass in can be. My input is to come down hard on apparent offenders. If they know the cosequences of fucking someone over, then it might help. Consequences as in ban the mother fucker, or make so they cant access the classified's..Just thinking out loud here is all..

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Gotdamn!!!! Please reconsider, this particular forum sells the best stuff on the internet. Top shelf hardware goes through this forum whereas junk ends up on the other ones!! Just ban the fukkers and to those buying, use a credit card for protection and dispute the hell out of it.

To the scammers? YOU SUCK and it's a damn good thing this is the internet or your ass would be in a hospital with an ICP bolt sticking out of your head!!!!

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
People suck.

Doc, thanks for being strict on this. With the recent influx of lower quality users, I can understand that this is happening. I think you should need a certain number of posts or reps to be able to post in For Sale, since it's a privilege, not a right. I also think that 3 negative iTrader ratings should earn you a permanent ban.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your ideas, my comments

Idea - ban the guilty parties.
Comment - Okay.. so we leave the classifieds open, someone screws someone, we bad that person. Then someone screws someone, we ban that person. Then someone screws someone, we ban that person (and so on, and so on, and so on)... but at what point does that actually keep the next person from getting screwed? It doesn't.

Idea - make the classified section a "privileged access" section.
Comment - So we do that, then we get 4000 PMs from people wanting access, which I will be the one that has to do because it can only be done by admins, Don is MIA right now because he has other things going on. Kim spends limited time on here.. so that puts it back on me. I give everyone access that asks for it. Then someone who was granted access decides to screw someone in a sale. So what good did it do?

Idea - just deal with the assholes
Comment - First off.. it's not the boards job to deal with them. We state very clearly that we are not responsible for what goes on in the Classifieds. Yet everyone seems to feel the board needs to take responsibility for policing the section, chasing down the dead beats, following up on late shippers, holding the hands of people who felt they had a deal and it was yanked out from under them, etc.... The board doesn't profit from the Classifieds, it doesn't benefit from the Classifieds, and I don't feel it should have to watch every single friggin' transaction like a hawk to make sure it goes as advertised.

Idea - post count/time limit before someone can post an ad
Comment - we just had a user that has been on the board since October 2007 with a post count of nearly 500 fuck someone. So just exactly how long should they be on the board and how high of a post count should they have before they are allowed to use the Classifieds?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe set up a bad seller/bad buyer thread? Sometimes the iTrader doesn't tell the whole story.

N

navbtcret

I hope this section can stay. I use the itrader for evey deal I have had here. Unfortunately not everyone I have bought from or sold to has returned the favor. There are some great deals to be had and also to pass on to members here. I would hate to see it go away.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I could be wrong about this but since we live in a world of largely dynamic IP addresses then it gets a little tough for the mods to permanently ban just about anyone. As soon as their lease is up on their IP they get a new one and here they are again under a new handle.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back