What have you done to your mustang today?

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Washed it, dried it, clayed it, washed it, dried it, waxed it, looks shinny, but dam all the stone chips really pop with a fresh wax job- I bet I have a dozen between both front fenders and doors- depressing as hell.
Yea I just ignore that and walk back about 10ft. It's never gonna be perfect unless you never drive it. I love thrashing mine. But I do keep it meticulously clean. Just because you have a few chips and dings don't mean a thing! over all that car cleaned up looks 99% better than the other cars on the road with two weeks (or seriously more) road grime on them. My car has lots of chips few scratches and a couple of small dents but it never goes more than two days "dirty" and my definition of dirty is some peoples clean. I get complements, even with the stone chips, dings ect ALL THE TIME. Because I keep the car clean.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I get compliments all the time and I don't think I've washed my car in over a month. Been raining too damn much here!

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally made an appointment to get my airbag replaced. Ford has really stepped up the harassing letters, emails and phone calls.

Funny I still have the original airbags in my 2002 F150. If the 2014 airbag is 'defective' and dangerous, just how safe are the 15 year old airbags in the pickup truck?

I need to do this but I'm really dragging my feet.

Called the dealership- they only have parts for the driver's side at this time, and I essentially have to get it done on a weekday, which means dropping my car off. Which makes me nervous. Additionally, our local Ford dealership has some ridiculous breakover angle on the concrete going into their shop (it's on the side of a hill), last time I had my car in there (for an inspection I think) they had to put boards under my car just to get it into the shop, still barely got it in there (the boards were hitting the bottom of my rocker trim when they backed it out of the shop), and now it's a half inch lower. Ugh...

My Ranger has recalled airbags too, but no parts to fix.

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Got to work on that sheared stud I broke off installing my new shifter. Since I couldn't get to the stud from underneath, I decided to go from the top.I assumed the bolt coming up from the trans tunnel under the center console was the culpret since there were 2 of them in about the right place. Removed the stud and started the process of drilling it out. Stepped up gradually and finally got through it. Crawled under the car to make sure the rear bracket was still lined up and there's the old sheared off bolt staring me in the face plus the new hole. Outstanding. So after measuring and re-measuring started from the top again. I was only off by a millimeter and the bracket hole was larger anyway so it didn't matter. What I thought was going to be a 30 minute job took waaaay longer. At least it's done. On a positive note, I love the look without the center console but the emergency brake and wiring is a deal breaker.
sSo5glYb.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
In Charlotte NC for a couple of days, any car shows or other fun stuff to do around here?

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got to work on that sheared stud I broke off installing my new shifter. Since I couldn't get to the stud from underneath, I decided to go from the top.I assumed the bolt coming up from the trans tunnel under the center console was the culpret since there were 2 of them in about the right place. Removed the stud and started the process of drilling it out. Stepped up gradually and finally got through it. Crawled under the car to make sure the rear bracket was still lined up and there's the old sheared off bolt staring me in the face plus the new hole. Outstanding. So after measuring and re-measuring started from the top again. I was only off by a millimeter and the bracket hole was larger anyway so it didn't matter. What I thought was going to be a 30 minute job took waaaay longer. At least it's done. On a positive note, I love the look without the center console but the emergency brake and wiring is a deal breaker.
sSo5glYb.jpg
I like the look too..but yea the durn ebrake. Something could be fabricated.....I think it would be worth it. One of kind in a sea of grey.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale Cam. Totally understandable.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sold my Shelby. New owners picked it up this evening and heading back to Florida.

15405a1e3aac4290672376432533e8e7.jpg

Bittersweet, but time to move on.

738d45c887633079f64c06e7ecd1636f.jpg
Congratulations, on the plus you will drive the Bullitt more? IDK. But it is always a good feeling to get something sold that has been for sale.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Thanks

I haven't driven the Shelby much in the last 2 years - the Bullitt has pretty much been my main driver so it didn't make sense to keep it. It's been paid off but the prices have started to slip and was time to let go. I had the car listed for a week on our website. Now just need to work on the Covette - that's been a little bit of a challenge.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Today I drove my Mustang for the first time in 6 weeks (or more). Drove to Hudson FL to drop off some Brembo calipers. A hair over 200 miles round trip. My AC was struggling to keep up even on max cold and fan on high. A shame as the car only has 23K miles on it. I've never owned a Ford with brutally cold AC, but my 2008 Chevy truck will freeze your nipples off.

Thia afternoon I'm dropping it off at the stealership for the airbag recall.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sold my Shelby. New owners picked it up this evening and heading back to Florida.

15405a1e3aac4290672376432533e8e7.jpg

Bittersweet, but time to move on.

738d45c887633079f64c06e7ecd1636f.jpg

This being the Shelby with the custom hardtop? If so, then the new owner has one of the most unique and beautiful Mustang's out there.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Today I drove my Mustang for the first time in 6 weeks (or more). Drove to Hudson FL to drop off some Brembo calipers. A hair over 200 miles round trip. My AC was struggling to keep up even on max cold and fan on high. A shame as the car only has 23K miles on it. I've never owned a Ford with brutally cold AC, but my 2008 Chevy truck will freeze your nipples off.

Ask em about the AC. I live in East Texas, it's just as hot and humid here. My Bullitt has 188 k miles on it and the AC works awesome.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I've never owned a Ford with brutally cold AC, but my 2008 Chevy truck will freeze your nipples off.

I've had to turn mine down a few times this summer. Best AC I've ever owned.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The AC in my '13 had been weak from day 1.
I have to use Max or Recirculate to feel it.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The AC in my '13 had been weak from day 1.
I have to use Max or Recirculate to feel it.
In the tune, you could have the high speed radiator fan come on earlier to help at slow speed, air drawing across condenser.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back