Advice please

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I have been out of a mustang for quite a while due to things beyond my control. I am able to get one now and I need some advice from ya'll. I love the new body style and interior but I can't afford a new one and the used ones in my area are 30k and not up to my standards (scratches in paint, crappy mods, or the wrong color) I have to have an automatic because I have a disability and I lost a lot of muscle function/coordination. I found a 2014 http://www.billholtcanton.com/VehicleDetails/used-2014-Ford-Mustang-2dr_Cpe_GT-Canton-GA/3057677533

I love the color and the seats, but it has a lot of mods and I'm not sure. Me and my dad drove it and it is solid, Paint is perfect no dings, dents scratches, someone took care of it. I spoke with the place that did the mods Injected Engineering and they tuned with HP, installed JLT, long tubes, roush axle-back and a bunch of suspension stuff.

I think the car is over priced honestly but maybe I'm wrong. Is it over priced? Can anyone check the VIN#? To those of you that have owned both 11-14 and 15 up can you let me know what you think? If the car is over priced how much should I pay? Do any of ya'll recognize this car? Thank you for your help

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Warranty History shows nothing ever done. Has a current Driver Air Bag Recall. Looks nice and clean. be careful though. With the mods if they are offering a warranty It will be wasted monies. You are going to have a hard time getting warranty work on it.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That really isn't that many mods--they're just basic bolt ons. If it was done professionally, I wouldn't be scared away from it.

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Im still hesitating. I was told it made 380/360 to the wheel. Is that normal for a auto with those mods?

46addict

Reaction score
Maybe it's priced a bit high but it's a low mileage car and obviously well taken care of. 380whp sounds right for a bolt-on automatic. Injected Engineering is a well known shop in the North Atlanta area. They charge a lot for their work but they are professionals.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
That is a very sweet car IMO, and priced fair considering it's at a dealer. If it rode good, felt good, I'd jump on it, and start saving for a Circle D stall converter asap!! I love that color, especially on the 13 and newer ones.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
That is a very sweet car IMO, and priced fair considering it's at a dealer. If it rode good, felt good, I'd jump on it, and start saving for a Circle D stall converter asap!! I love that color, especially on the 13 and newer ones.

Agreed

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm going to drive her again and I might pull the trigger!

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Don't hesitate to offer them less, or way less, but just be prepared to pay near their asking price. I always tend to ask them if there's 5 grand of cash in the trunk, just so they understand that you know they're making plenty of money on the deal no matter what you end up paying to get the car to your house. Or ask them what island they plan on buying with the profits from the deal just to maybe help them lose some sleep. Hahaha, yeah right!

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
They probably gave 18 on trade for that vehicle. Maybe less.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
IMHO, that car is freakin' awesome! :biggrin:

I think that price is bad high, though. You could get a used S550 premium for just a little bit more. I'd guess $23K, maybe 24 tops, if it's in great condition.

I was recently offer $19k trade in for mine, 50K miles, 2013 base manual, perfect condition.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Hahaha, you probably don't want to know. But it's the price you pay. IF it sits on their lot for a while, it will get cheaper, but you could miss out on a very nice, low mileage stang, and probably end up buying a higher mileage car down the road. Go to autotrader.com and punch in the same year, similar option stang, and see what the going price is to judge their asking price, and print it out and show them if there's very similar cars for cheaper within a given distance.

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a cool combo of options and color. None of those mods done to that car would scare me in the least bit.
Do your research, make an offer and don't back down when they make you feel like you offended them with the first offer!

46addict

Reaction score
It's probably good that you didn't pull the trigger right after the first test drive. Walking away sometimes gives you a smidge of bargaining power. Meaning dealers tend to call you back with a lower price than what was originally listed.

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
Thank's so much guy's. I did more research and waited till my daughter got out of school. I took her with me, she's 8 and loves Mustang's more than me. Took her on a test drive and she said it's ok it doesn't have a touch radio the bass is inside the bumper. I would have never thought 2 years ago I would be disabled, life is too short. I said screw it and made an offer and left. I'm waiting on call back now, bank closes at 5.

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
TGR96, that was my thought. I told them to wash her and have papers ready to sign and I'll be back with a check for $23,000 when Maddie finishes her homework. He said he would call

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
They called me back and said it's not even close, NADA was $28,000, the bank would loan $28,000 and Ford offered them more than I did. I told him to call the bank or Ford and wished him good luck. The search continues, I'm paying upfront no financing. I wonder if that's hurting me?

skaarlaj

Reaction score
They called me back and said it's not even close, NADA was $28,000, the bank would loan $28,000 and Ford offered them more than I did. I told him to call the bank or Ford and wished him good luck. The search continues, I'm paying upfront no financing. I wonder if that's hurting me?
Wouldn't it be nice to know what these schmucks paid the previous owner for trade, I would almost guarantee it was way less than 20K for your car.

There's other cars out there man, keep your chin up if this one doesn't work out. I think they should've at least countered with something in the high 24/low 25 range, and they would've still been doing fine. I know that's very low mileage on this particular car, but honestly I look at condition before mileage, and would be as happy with a well cared for 70-80K mile car for 5 grand less, over a low mileage example for somewhat of a premium price. I'm sure in 10-15 years, you'll see 200K mile Coyotes running just fine all over the place.

For the hell of it, do an online search in your area for the car you want, that's how I got mine. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...dius=500&trimCodeList=MUST|GT Premium,MUST|GT has served me well a few times. This is just a link for 500 miles from where I live, but just put your zip code in

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Just sit on it they might call you back in a few weeks/months.

Ford offered them 28k... lies! Jesus.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back