1st Annual S197 Track Day Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Name the date and time next year...get the track rented...GTGHOST will be debuting his turbo car for the first time at it...going for a few low 9 passes at least...as long as its together :)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No one is willing to drive. Its just the reality these days. Regional events are the way to go.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any midwest guys wanting to get a track day next summer go post in our regional get an idea where we can meet.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
It was tried a couple years ago with a more centrally located track and still didn't work. I'm willing to drive just about anywhere as I like road trips. But I'm not a competitor, I'd just be coming to watch and meet people so I'm not a big contributor. Unless more people get off their duffs and make a commitment, a national event just won't happen. It's a shame this can't get put together. It'd be great to put faces to screen names.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The first step would be determining who would be willing to go. The first time we tried that, we had alot of interest, but then when it was time for people to pre-pay so the track date could be reserved, nothing but crickets.

So I would suppose a month would have to be picked, along with a location, and then it would be who would be willing to go (which would then determine how much $$$ per entry).

Believe it or not, one of the most reasonable tracks $$$ wise was Bowling Green. But I don't think anyone from the east coast would drive that far as they have alot of good tracks on the east coast. Likewise, if you have it on the east coast, then everyone else has to drive like 2 days just to get there.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Location doesn't matter to me personally. I'd use it as an excuse to visit a part of the country I haven't seen before. I'm really surprised at the apathy of so many on here. My wife and I attended Mustang Week in 2009 and shared a room with some people from Corral.net. Those people grew into really good friends that I cherish. Hell, I text often with several on here that I've only played Xbox games with. If people would get in their heads that it wouldn't JUST be about racing and Mustangs but meeting some new people and friends that could become cherished memories. Ok, sappiness off. Lol.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats how I feel about it to. I went racing last summer in Tenn for a get together on another forum. The wifee went to--it was a chance to take a road trip to somewhere we have never been to, and we met some great new people to. So we drove from Los Angeles, CA to basically Memphis TN over 2 days to get there. It was fun though.

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
Anyone in the south east want to do a meet? Haha Yeah meeting people with the same interests is always fun!

Sent from my helicopter

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I would LOVE to do this. I'm down as long as I know well in advance so I can put in for leave. Beech Bend is only 6.5 hrs away from me too. Hell, anywhere that's within 8hrs I'd go.

Edit: It's not ALL about the cars and ETs. I like meeting good people with the same interests as me. This forum alone has led to a few friends that I have texted, met in person, and now hang out with.

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
the south west/central region is having a get together weekend in may. track day and dyno day in dallas.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Some day this will happen, but so far it has never came together. Lots of HELL YEAH, then when it comes time to actually do it, everyone backs out. Just easier to do small regional get togethers for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back