'83 Capri RS, 331 Turbo

05GT3V

Reaction score
'83 RS, orig 5.0, 5 spd, a/c car. Meticulously restored in the winter of '10/'11. At that time, the car was stripped and sandblasted. The right frame rail from the firewall forward, radiator support, cowl, roof skin and right quarter were replaced. The car was then painted in Dupont waterbase Ford Performance White. Last year a Boss block 331, with Trickflow 170 heads, stage 1 cam and Holley systemax intake was built by Danbury Competition (Joe Lapine). They are THE Ford engine builders in the area. When the engine went in, I added a Gen 1 Hellion turbo kit with a comp 65/67 turbo. This spring the 8.8 was beefed up with 31 spline axles and a Eaton TruTrac. The car is powered by a Megasquirt MS3X. The car needs a clutch as the new engine and turbo combo pushes through it under full boost. It also needs a final tune.

Ton of spare parts to go with it.

Dont have to sell the car, but I'm trying to get into a newer car.

$13,000 OBO

Here is a link to the restoration thread '83 RS build

DSCN2037_zps21d0dc22.jpg

image_zpsqmnakyw6.jpeg

image_zpshz1f45w3.jpeg

image_zpsffaepayh.jpeg

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Super cool car! My buddy had an '85 RS when we were in high school. Nice work, I bet it's a blast. GLWS.

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
I love that car. I like that you kept the bubble glass, and the kick out on the front fenders have always caught my eye. Is that a Saleen rear valance. B

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back