Track Addict / Gopoint BT1issues

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tried searching and I'm sure I wasn't doing something right. I downloaded track addict and picked up a Gopoint BT1 device to get video and OBD data for an upcoming track day. Track addict app is working great on my iPhone 6s. The Gopoint will not connect however. I tried soft resetting the phone and then connecting, uninstalled and reinstalled the app along with the blue tooth device but still no joy. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I see that Track addict states there is a problem with that piece and iOS 10 and to contact the dongle manufacturer.

Best I can do as I use Android

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks I have a ticket in with Gopoint hopefully a software update is out that will rectify the situation. I do have a S6 just sitting around so maybe I use it instead?

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks I have a ticket in with Gopoint hopefully a software update is out that will rectify the situation. I do have a S6 just sitting around so maybe I use it instead?

Probably. As said prior, iOS devices are picky on Bluetooth in general. It's quite the headache and that's coming from somebody who has had nearly every iPhone since the original.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trade someone your S6 for an S5 and put a 128GB SD card in it. You can store all your track data and video on the phone without storage concerns for overlays, and it's a piece of cake to transfer to your PC. I use a bluetooth OBD adapter and S5 for just this purpose. Works well.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trade someone your S6 for an S5 and put a 128GB SD card in it. You can store all your track data and video on the phone without storage concerns for overlays, and it's a piece of cake to transfer to your PC. I use a bluetooth OBD adapter and S5 for just this purpose. Works well.

S6 is from a family member who passed so it is not on service so I was thinking of using just for video/track stuff. I'm not an android user so why can't I use the s6 the same as the s5?

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
According to GoPoint the new IOS 10 firmware is not compatible with the BT1 but it does work with GL1 so sending the BT1 in for an the GL1.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
S6 is from a family member who passed so it is not on service so I was thinking of using just for video/track stuff. I'm not an android user so why can't I use the s6 the same as the s5?
Can't expand the memory maybe.

I learned I can attach an external mic to my s7 to record good sound during track days.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Just pulled out the Android and it is an S5!! Charging it now will download the apps and see if it works.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
S5 and S7 have expandable memory, so correct assumption. I don't know what software you're intending to use, but I use Harry's Lap Timer Grand Prix Edition for track data.

If the S5 doesn't work for you, you'll likely have to exchange the dongle to work with the iPhone.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dongle must be bad. The BT1 wouldn't even sync with the blue tooth on the S5. Sending it back to GoPoint.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Bt1 isn't recommended for the Android system is it?

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you are correct. The BT1A covers both platforms, and the BT1 is Apple only. I have the "A". Since I left the Apple cult, I must be a little rusty. The issue is likely with iOS10. Gopoint would have to clarify if they are working out the bugs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

acanais86

Reaction score
Thanks I have a ticket in with Gopoint hopefully a software update is out that will rectify the situation assurances deces. I do have a S6 just sitting around so maybe I use it instead?
It must be nice to drive, not like the S16 that does not stop making stupid.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back