innovators west removal

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
trying to remove an innovators west crank pulley to put the stock back on. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. Have been trying to use a 3 jaw puller with no luck. Removed bolt and washer and replaced with a longer procharger bolt and put puller against bolt head, just keeps spinning puller off bolt head. How have you guys removed it? thanks

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
remove the 3 allen head screws on the front and use a 3 bolt puller

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
thanks, just tried that and still cant get it to move at all but atleast now im going about it the correct way. may try heating it, trying not to damage the pulley but at this point im starting to care less about that...

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Bringing an old post back but I'm having difficulties pulling my balancer off too. The bolts at the locations where the instructions say to use for the balancer pulley are way too short to use with the tool so I went and got longer bolts. I'm assuming this is what has to be done? The 3 bolt locations are the recessed bolts to the right of the 3 bolts sticking out, correct? NOT the locations of the 3 bolts that stick out?

Anyways, I'm giving my wrench some GOOD amount of torque and the wrench is moving but the pulley isn't really coming out. I didn't want to strip the threads in the balancer so I stopped. Should I just keep going? Just want to make sure I'm not going to fuck something up.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Bringing an old post back but I'm having difficulties pulling my balancer off too. The bolts at the locations where the instructions say to use for the balancer pulley are way too short to use with the tool so I went and got longer bolts. I'm assuming this is what has to be done? The 3 bolt locations are the recessed bolts to the right of the 3 bolts sticking out, correct? NOT the locations of the 3 bolts that stick out?

Anyways, I'm giving my wrench some GOOD amount of torque and the wrench is moving but the pulley isn't really coming out. I didn't want to strip the threads in the balancer so I stopped. Should I just keep going? Just want to make sure I'm not going to fuck something up.

What puller are you using?? I use the cheap harmonic balancer puller from Advance Auto Parts, I also use the holes for the 3 allen bolts ... I had to auger out one of the holes for the puller to line up and use longer bolts ...

Depending on how long the balancer has been on, it should come off with with a little effort but you shouldn't need to crank on it with extender bars.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Hit it with some PB Blaster and let it sit overnight. Worked for me when I was having trouble removing the stock damper during my TVS install, I was using OTC 6667 harmonic balancer puller.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back