Closest to the Wall Trophy

TLeroux

Reaction score
Picked up a souvenir from Mid Ohio last weekend.
I tell my students to use all the track, apparently I was trying to use just a bit more.

Attachments

• Mirrorondoor.jpg
    Mirrorondoor.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 27
  • MirrorRemoved.jpg
    MirrorRemoved.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 26

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Could have been worse. Could have been the entire side of the car.

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
That's actually not nearly as bad as I expected when you mentioned you lost your mirror. With a little touch-up paint, it'll be good as new! How badly did it f**k up the attachment point to the car?

Voltwings

Reaction score
Gotta love corners that track out into a wall -_- First time I ever spun was because I kept the wheel turned too long out of fear of contacting the wall. Luckily that's all it was, besides a good story to tell!

TLeroux

Reaction score
Gotta love corners that track out into a wall -_- First time I ever spun was because I kept the wheel turned too long out of fear of contacting the wall. Luckily that's all it was, besides a good story to tell!

Actually this was the reverse. The wall is at the setup of the turn, I drove into it. Never concerned me getting close to the wall to set up the left hander, this time I just got a little too close. While this is the same armco that ate the passenger side of SoundGuyDave's car, this is a little further on and me just trying to get too close. I was already planning the braking and turn in when I heard the bang.

TLeroux

Reaction score
That's actually not nearly as bad as I expected when you mentioned you lost your mirror. With a little touch-up paint, it'll be good as new! How badly did it f**k up the attachment point to the car?

The attachment point is undamaged. The real damage is the thick plastic piece that was holding it in place. The mirror glass is supposed to be attached to it. That broke off right behind the mirror. I think it was mostly the speed at which I hit that caused it to snap. Not a very expensive part and a good story to tell.

TLeroux

Reaction score
Replace that mirror and put the damaged one on your garage wall!

It will likely end up next to the rotor that shattered on me at Road America. (That one should have cost me a car, but luckily just ended the session on the warm up lap and needed a tow back to the paddock.)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Actually this was the reverse. The wall is at the setup of the turn, I drove into it. Never concerned me getting close to the wall to set up the left hander, this time I just got a little too close.
Bet you kissed the steel at the 200 marker coming out of Thunder Valley. Easy to see how it could happen there.

Norm

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
891.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back