WTT: FR500S axlebacks

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
** Trade completed - Thanks Bingo **

Looking to trade for some quieter mufflers. My drone free and otherwise perfect Ford Racing FR500S mufflers with matte black cans and polished tips for whatever you have. Going catless and these will be louder than I'm looking for otherwise I'd keep them. The absolute perfect sound for a car with cats still in place. Same mufflers used on the FR500S and GT500KR's from Ford.

These are the mufflers I have:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-fr500-axleback-05091.html

Ideally looking for Borla Touring, Bassani, Kooks, MBRP, Flowmaster American Thunder or Force II.

Pic of them on the car.

2017-08-30_03-22-47 by Kyle Mavis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Since you said Matte Black cans I assume these are the 2010+ edition with a little longer tips? IMHO fit the cars way better. Just pointing that out for anyone looking, I'd rather have these over the KR take-offs of 2008-2009.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Can confirm these are the nicest sounding mufflers out there for a 3v with the cats in place. I've been through a lot of different setups and nothing beats it.

ha1234

Reaction score
I'm currently running 2010 gt500 axlebacks if you're interested in doing a swap. Also located in Atlanta.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of Bassani that I might trade with you. But if you want quieter than you have won't Bassani be just as loud?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/bass...tm_medium=shopping&T5_Var3=blue&T5_Var4=31104

According to the little volume rating scale on American Muscle they should be quieter but not sure by how much.

I have GTAs. Let me know.

You have a PM.

Since you said Matte Black cans I assume these are the 2010+ edition with a little longer tips? IMHO fit the cars way better. Just pointing that out for anyone looking, I'd rather have these over the KR take-offs of 2008-2009.

These are the KR Take-offs that I sprayed black myself as I didn't like seeing the unpolished cans hanging below the bumper.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Bassani's that I"ll trade if your interested. I'm running them now on my SGT with LT's no cats and they have a nice deep tone. I miss the pop of the FR500S.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of Kooks axle back with only 200 miles. To quiet for my taste.

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of these for sale if anybody is looking to buy them. Don't mean to steal the op's thread but seams like he's got more than one offer. text me for fastest response 4072429614

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
GTA's from Bingo should be here tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your replies. Suggest you reach out to stanglax28 if you're looking for a set yourself as he appears to have a set for sale.

Daveabboud

Reaction score
I have a set of Bassani's that I"ll trade if your interested. I'm running them now on my SGT with LT's no cats and they have a nice deep tone. I miss the pop of the FR500S.

If the Bassani is still for sale I’ll take them

Daveabboud

Reaction score

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back