SCT's, whose do you reccomend?

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm throwing a wrench into the rail by saying this but I'm currently having Don at Lasota Racing tune mine. He's been around for 12+ years tuning 2v, 3v, and 4v 4.6 setups and V6 setups, boosted and NA. He also does Coyotes. I'm surprised he is not mentioned more often. Wonder if people had bad experiences with him, but everywhere I look all I see is positive reviews.

I bought my SCT Pro Racer software from Don and paid for his base tune to use to start my tune.

Don is great with customer service and will answer any question that you have. His tune was good as well. I would have no issue recommending him to someone looking to get a tune.

46addict

Reaction score
I can agree with him giving great customer service to his customers. He's been very patient with me so far and took time to explain how things work, etc. He has sent me tune updates over the weekend to help me get running.

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
Okay guys I know nothing about tunes or tuners. Just got an 05 GT bone stock minus axle back bassanni exhaust. I'm looking to start adding bolt on's and such. Was going to start with a JLT cold air that comes with a SCT X4 Flash Programmer. How do I add tunes, what tunes will I need, and so on?
If you buy that combo from Brenspeed you also get three tunes with it. That is the setup I bought and I have no complaints. It runs pretty damn good. The tunes are loaded into the programmer when you get it so all you have to do is follow the directions and load the tunes into the car. Be sure to run at least a full tank of whatever grade of gas you are going to load the tune for before loading the tune. You do not want to have lower grade gas than the tune is for, that would be bad.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd shy away from Brenspeed, they have a limited repertoire of mods they tune for, if u go,outside those set ups they ,any not be able to retune/update.

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
You can load anybody's tune into the unit later, you own the X4 so you are not limited to Brenspeed for later tunes. I fully plan to go with a Lito tune once I get some gremlins worked out of it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, u can, but many tuners will discount the fee for minor modifications to the tune if you change parts

46addict

Reaction score
Brenspeed is good for adjusting for cold air intakes, gear swaps, and turning off rear o2 sensors but beyond that I would pay for a custom datalogged tune. They may tune for safe WOT and it will be good enough to drive the car but overall driveability won't be quite right with a standard email tune.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Brenspeed is good for adjusting for cold air intakes, gear swaps, and turning off rear o2 sensors but beyond that I would pay for a custom datalogged tune. They may tune for safe WOT and it will be good enough to drive the car but overall driveability won't be quite right with a standard email tune.

This is exactly the reason that all standard email tunes should be checked on a dyno by a local tuning shop to ensure the tune is dialed in properly and safe..

However I would highly recommend nothing short of getting a custom datalog tune or custom dyno tune for heavily modified applications that require advance custom tuning such as cams and FI..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back