Forced induction or all motor build?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
People don't like LS engines here?

F150 4v 5.0, run it on 87. I don't think it will last as long doing drift duty as the lightly modified chev motor.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
People don't like LS engines here?

F150 4v 5.0, run it on 87. I don't think it will last as long doing drift duty as the lightly modified chev motor.

Boy, you've been here over 6 years and haven't figured out this is a Ford forum? :insane:

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
1115979.cf.png

Ford for Ford

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I just expect people to be reasonable. Go over to the tech forum for some info on how 4.6's run when pushed beyond taxicab and light street duty.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I wish I liked a Chevy car enough to put a boosted Coyote into it, and mop up on some stuff at the track. A mid 80's Camaro would be pretty funny to do, but a Fairmont just makes more sense at the end of the day!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish I liked a Chevy car enough to put a boosted Coyote into it, and mop up on some stuff at the track. A mid 80's Camaro would be pretty funny to do, but a Fairmont just makes more sense at the end of the day!

I love the lines on a '67 Nova. Just an awesome looking car. I have always wanted to get one, swap in a bolt in Mustang II front suspension, a bolt in 9" conversion and then put a 331 stroker in it with a Ford transmission backing it up. Then head to the nearest Chevy show and totally fuck with everyone's mind.

If I win the lotto, I will do it. Otherwise it will never happen.

46addict

Reaction score
I just expect people to be reasonable. Go over to the tech forum for some info on how 4.6's run when pushed beyond taxicab and light street duty.

Aren't you rebuilding yours with factory 4.6 parts on a boosted setup?

To answer the OP, Boone and BruceH have gone past 400whp on NA E85 setups. I'm sure others have done the same and I'm just not remembering their user names. They've used 5.3L big bore blocks with a stroker crank to make 323 cubic inches and used stage 3 ported heads with an aftermarket intake manifold to get there. So you'll need to redo the engine from top to bottom but at least you will have some peace of mind from having new/upgraded parts. This is the route I would go even though it's more costly.

If boost is more your thing, I'm not sure if the crankshaft and rotating parts see a load difference between supercharged and turbo setups but at least the latter doesn't take power to make power. Either way you'll need to upgrade the rotating assy to be reliable.

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
I love the lines on a '67 Nova. Just an awesome looking car. I have always wanted to get one, swap in a bolt in Mustang II front suspension, a bolt in 9" conversion and then put a 331 stroker in it with a Ford transmission backing it up. Then head to the nearest Chevy show and totally fuck with everyone's mind.

If I win the lotto, I will do it. Otherwise it will never happen.

But you could then just do a Falcon and keep the ford in a ford (however I agree the nova is such a great looking boxy body)

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

Define...'light street duty'. This is the 1st summer that I haven't been pulled over by cops.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1971 Maverick :waytogo:

Love Mavericks and also the 66-69 Falcons. The "forgotten Fords" I call them. But I have a real affection for the '65 Fairlane. It's a one year only body style that was totally ignored because the '64 Fairlane thunderbolt was/is a massive legand of a car and the 66'-'67 Fairlane is a beautiful car. Definitly not for everyone. I call it Ford's forgotten intermediate. Ford people don't even remember this car.

If you debadged one of these, most people would not be able to identify it by make or model.

640px-1965_Ford_Fairlane.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back