How much should you pay for a used Paxton kit for a coyote?

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
A friend of mine is selling his car and buying a GT350. He is offering me a chance to buy the paxton kit off of his car. It includes all the original hardware, the torque booster upgrade w/ tial bov, JLT cai, and t bolt upgrade. The only things it does not include are the injectors and bap. Like I said, he is a friend and I don't wanna break his balls over price but I also have no idea what a used paxton is worth.

0de7d2d7c340f88a8b890f660a23757f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I'd probably give a trusted person 3K for a wastegated Paxton if it was running on another car I could check out. Id subtract a grand off of that if it was on-line, unknown person. I know by the time you step away from a base kit, it's really easy to get those killer beefcake special prices nearly doubled, but do you really want a 6 rib driven, peaky, non torque boosted, no bap system, barely big enough injectors in your car when you KNOW your going to be turning up the boost?

If I was to sell my kit to upgrade to a turbo, and needed the money from the blower to do it, I wouldn't expect a penny more than 3K, and would probably be lucky to get it, hahaha!

Last edited:

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Thats kinda the price I was thinking. Especially without having injectors in the kit or BAP. His isn't a 6 rib kit, it just has the blowoff valve upgrade.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
It looks nice, hope you guys can work out a deal. I really like my Paxton set-up alot! I know it doesn't sound fun, but when you have all of that stuff out of the way, and nearly a clean view of the front timing cover, it's really an opportune time to get that front cover off and up-grade your oil pump gears, if it hasn't been done yet.

Last edited:

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Yeah, I plan on it. I guess im just gonna keep saving for the Beefcake kit. Even though there is a VMP stage 2 used in my town for $4500, i just like the Paxton better.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Your friend wants too much for his Paxton? 4500 for a good PD blower holds a little more value than a used centrifugal in my book. If I was in the market, I'd probably give 4K, and maybe a little extra change if it was pretty damn complete, and could be checked out pretty well before purchase.

What would take the value away from a used centrifugal kit is all the little knick- knack crap it takes to plumb the charge air, and PVC system, that I'd almost guarantee won't be 100% complete. Although PD blowers have their fair share of stuff as well, it just seems a little more straightforward....To me anyways, hahaha! VMP's are damn nice imo. Either way, a boosted Coyote is a very good thing no matter how you slice it!

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Yeah he was wanting 5k for the paxton... i just cant see it for that. Too many online for 3 grand

skaarlaj

Reaction score
You made the right choice. If / when he ends up sitting on the kit for a while, he may lower his price. At the end of the day it is a used moving, mechanical part, with a sole purpose is to increase the fun factor when the pedal goes down, so the pedal will go down more often, meaning buyer beware, "this part is used".

For example, I may not have 2K miles on my blower, but nearly every mile is to either carry me to and from the track, or run down the track with my foot through the floorboard. I personally know everything is in great condition, but I'd never expect someone else to buy into that in a used blower market. In short, when my car gets 40k on the clock, my blower will be very used, hahaha!

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yeah he was wanting 5k for the paxton... i just cant see it for that. Too many online for 3 grand

Good call to walk away. There's no way I'd pay $5K for any used blower. So, how good of a friend is he???

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I went with the 8 rib upgrade, 20%OD balancer, wastegated, and alot of other little extra goodies on black friday, and am into it right around 7K, I remember I'd save around 1500-2000 over a VMP with the upgrades I'd want / need. But a base Paxton kit is right around 5ish it seems.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I paid $2k for my Procharger stage 2 kit fwiw. Bought it from a guy off craigslist. I put another $1k or so into it to wastegate it, as well as buy some odds/ends I wanted (ATI Super Damper, ect.,). Had no clue if the head unit was good or not, the only thing I could do was spin the impeller and listen with a stethoscope. There was no play in the impeller and it sounded smooth through the stethoscope. It could have had bad seals for all I knew, still. However, I weighed that possibility against the price of the kit and the cost of sending it to Procharger to be rebuilt. It was still worth the money. I could have put together a scratch turbo kit for that money, but I wanted a belt driven centri, and I'm glad I went that route. I only wish the Procharger stage 2 piping and drive belt was better routed/designed.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back