E85 on boosted stock shortblock

inglimer

forum member
Reaction score
Couldn't find this specifically addressed previously, so at the risk of invoking the search gods:
I have an 06 GT, procharged with 9#'s boost, 39# injectors, Loudmouth SIP catback exhaust and GT500 fuel pumps.
Wth a Lund dyno tune it makes 420 whp.
Can I go with 47 # injectors and have it retuned for E85?
What kind of power gains should I expect and is the stock shortblock at greater risk by doing this? The car has 24000 miles and has been carefully maintained.
Thanks.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
My understanding is that rwhp is not the deciding factor. 450rwtq is the limit of the bottom end. It may last for a while but history says that after 450 tq at the wheels it is on borrowed time. Looks like you have room to play with it before you get there.

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also be aware that turbo cars are a little more prone to destroying the stock rods then superchargers, due to the way the torque hits hard when the turbo spools up. Superchargers have a more linear TQ curve and cushion the shock load better. Unless you are ready to spend the money for a built shortblock, I wouldn't raise it much. Going with corn will still help with detonation and could help save you but the stock rods are just not very strong and all it takes is one weak spot in a rod and your engine is gone.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back