Roush Phase 2 TVS Supercharger install problem

Switchback

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just starting a supercharger install and I am to the point of installing the 2nd belt pulleys on the FEAD system. Per the direction there is a 2nd spider pulley that threads into the stock damper. My problem is there is no way this can happen.

Here is the spider pulley assembly that is supposed to thread into the stock damper:
3p6L79I.jpg

Here is the stock damper, the hole in the center is about an 1/2" too small for the spider pulley to thread into, not to mention there are no threads:
ALQ0u2T.jpg

Even if they were able to thread together, the 2 pulleys touch.
IMEPM6W.jpg

Here is a snapshot of the directions:
KFMW1Pr.png

I believe I have the wrong crankshaft damper, the kit did not come with a new damper so I'm assuming it uses the stock one. All the stock dampers I look at look nothing like the one in the instructions. Does anyone have any experience with this kit?

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
I'm assuming your car is not a "factory" Roush Stage 2/3? It looks to me like you need the pulley required for the Stage 1 cars. I'd call Roush first thing Monday because ain't nobody gonna have that correct pulley but them.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder if you can use the pulley from an 03/04 Cobra? The stock crank pulley is threaded for the blower pulley.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Switchback

Reaction score
After some research it does look exactly like the cobra crank damper. They use a very similar system, I'll call Roush on Monday and see if those will work, or they have the one I need for sale somewhere.

Switchback

Reaction score
I called and talked to Roush about the pulley. They did not have a source to buy a new crankshaft damper, but confirmed the Cobra crankshaft damper would work. I ordered a used one in good condition from eBay, so we'll see how that works out.

stv_huff

Stock
Reaction score
I called and talked to Roush about the pulley. They did not have a source to buy a new crankshaft damper, but confirmed the Cobra crankshaft damper would work. I ordered a used one in good condition from eBay, so we'll see how that works out.

Offtopic but I lived in Kalamazoo for a while. On Oak Street.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back