NMRA Limited Street

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Anyone else running at Bowling Green?!?! I normally run True Street. But I'm going to use the normally great air and badass surface to go after that elusive 8sec hit.

The old 3V should be decently competitive with the rules as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
What blower are you going to run for that class? I would love to run in that class, my car fits perfectly and would probably be pretty competitive but they don't allow my blower, I tried to reason with them but didn't have any luck.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
What blower are you going to run for that class? I would love to run in that class, my car fits perfectly and would probably be pretty competitive but they don't allow my blower, I tried to reason with them but didn't have any luck.

Vortech JT unit with a cast wheel.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Is that what you've been running? I see it's on the approved list but you need to add 100 lbs.

Yeah I put it in a little while ago. Going to do some more testing with it this weekend. Haven't went off the transbrake on this setup yet either.

I think I'm at 3500 minimum race weight according to the rules. Which I should be right at that. I'll scale this weekend to make sure.

ponys197

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds like a fun class but if 9 and 8 second cars are entry level power adders , I will stick with FM and TS.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I plan on going to watch Saturday. The true street class I entered last year @ BG was a total chaotic mismanaged experience. The True Street NMRA class experience at National Trail earlier in the year was very well managed. It was a great time in spite of the heat.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score

There is no reasoning with them. Rules are Black and White. Maybe $$$$$$$$ will change that.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
There is no reasoning with them. Rules are Black and White. Maybe $$$$$$$$ will change that.

I only attempted to reason with them since I was copied on an email (maybe on accident) between a couple officials discussing the F-1A blowers and someone suggested maybe they should allow it with a weight penalty. They were also confused since they only knew about the F-1A-91 and the F-1A-94, they were not aware of the plain old "F-1A" which is what I have. I was trying to show them how Procharger organizes their blowers on two charts, one for street and one for race, and that the F-1A was on both charts. In any case they eventually quit responding to me so it was put to bed. Interestingly, now the F-1A series only shows up on the race list. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though :) OP sorry for getting sidetracked..

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
I only attempted to reason with them since I was copied on an email (maybe on accident) between a couple officials discussing the F-1A blowers and someone suggested maybe they should allow it with a weight penalty. They were also confused since they only knew about the F-1A-91 and the F-1A-94, they were not aware of the plain old "F-1A" which is what I have. I was trying to show them how Procharger organizes their blowers on two charts, one for street and one for race, and that the F-1A was on both charts. In any case they eventually quit responding to me so it was put to bed. Interestingly, now the F-1A series only shows up on the race list. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though :) OP sorry for getting sidetracked..

Not a problem man. I like the discussion. The Vortech JT seems to have a good chance in the class with the rules as is. The turbo guys are extremely limited. Espeically with the 3in downpipe restriction.

I may just run TS though... I cant get friday off work. I dont want to roll in down there saturday straight into qualifying with not test hits.

Still need to get my car to leave off the brake... Going to test wednesday. Been 1.29 off footbrake but I need to get that lower to be competitive.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Not a problem man. I like the discussion. The Vortech JT seems to have a good chance in the class with the rules as is. The turbo guys are extremely limited. Espeically with the 3in downpipe restriction.

I may just run TS though... I cant get friday off work. I dont want to roll in down there saturday straight into qualifying with not test hits.

Still need to get my car to leave off the brake... Going to test wednesday. Been 1.29 off footbrake but I need to get that lower to be competitive.

Good luck either way! And 1.29 on the foot brake is awesome! I'd be thrilled if my car did that on the brake!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back