2014 Hot Rod Power Tour

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I see they posted the locations of next years power tour. I've never done the power tour but I live near the final stop in Wisconsin. I think I'm going to meet them in Iowa and do the last leg up to the Dells. Hopefully I can meet some fellow Midwestern S197 forum members on the tour!

2014 is 20th year of Power Tour - This will be big!
June 7 - Concord NC28027
June 8 - Knoxville TN (252) 37901
June 9 - Charleston WV (310) 25301
June 10 - Norwalk OH (279) 44857
June 11 - Crown Point IN (278) 46307
June 12 - Bettendorf IA (197) 52722
June 13- Wisconsin Dells WI (184) 53965
June 14- Long Haul Photo and awards (1500 miles)Big Map

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in, bringing the '13!! I've got my rooms booked for the long haul!!

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
The long haul nice! Have you done it before?

I need to book my rooms for the last two stops, just want to test out the waters.

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
I'm more than likely going to do the whole tour. Norwalk is my home track so that will be a good time!

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
So of you,make,only one stop what is there to do? Is there vendor areas and hang outs? I've been to FFW before, is it like that?

GT500KR

forum member
Reaction score
So of you,make,only one stop what is there to do? Is there vendor areas and hang outs? I've been to FFW before, is it like that?

yea there is vendor areas and they give out alot of free stuff!!
also the first couple days is drag racing, auto-cross, and sometimes atleast one dyno day or more!!! def worth going to!!

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Me and couple buddies are gonna make at least the last three locations. Never been before so do you have to register your car or anything special? Or just show up and go from there? Any heads up would be appreciated by those who have done this event before.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
If you want to OFFICIALLY participate, you need to register. Just register as a Long Hauler, it'll be cheaper that way....I think. That will get you your car pass so you can get in. Otherwise you will have to park in spectator parking. You'll also get your personal credentials as well. You will pick them up at the first stop you go to. Holler at me with any other questions!

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
If you want to OFFICIALLY participate, you need to register. Just register as a Long Hauler, it'll be cheaper that way....I think. That will get you your car pass so you can get in. Otherwise you will have to park in spectator parking. You'll also get your personal credentials as well. You will pick them up at the first stop you go to. Holler at me with any other questions!

Thanks! Any idea on what the cost is to register? And any particular place I go to register? I assume I can just google hot rod power tour but figured I'd ask

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I just registered my vehicle. My game plan will be to try and hook up on the route from IN to IA. I'm staying in Bettendorf and Wis Dells from there, so I'm just testing the waters with a couple days of the tour.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Check my link above. It will give you all the registration info, including cost. In 2012 it was $80/car for Long Haul or $25/car/event.

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to miss it this year (1st time since '07). My wife is expecting our second child and will be due the week of HRPT. I figured that if I wanted to stay married... I better sit it out, lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back