2005 power windows switch wiring diagram

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks to BruceH I was able to download the 2005 power window switches diagrams, Here's my contribution after color coding the wires to make it easier to see... I didn't do the convertible diagram.. I'll do it tonight and post here...

Drivers side

Passenger side

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok question. I am not good at reading wiring harnesses first off. If you have seen my thread on installing Scott Rod door panels, you know I am trying to relocate the window switches to under the steering wheel consol. Now seeing as I already rivited the new panels in place, I would like to avoid drilling the rivets out to pull the wires through the door into the cabin.

So here is my question.....Can I find and intercept the window switch wires INSIDE the cabin?......beacause from the looks of the diagram, it looks like the window switch goes right to the window motor and does not go back into the cabin.....

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks better in person
3544f854fb679d32368174978e11fddd.jpg
138bff673048d57b66e9f28239bc38ae.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No ideas on if the window switch wires make there way into the cabin....so that I can intercept them? I am afraid they go straight from the switch to the motor......help!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
pretty sure they go in to the SJB then back, or maybe signals just come in for the window to step it down when opening/closing

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
pretty sure they go in to the SJB then back, or maybe signals just come in for the window to step it down when opening/closing
Thanks! I need to remove what I think are the amps for the door speakers (shaker500). Both are right where the drivers side door harness comes in.....that would allow me to intercept them there instead of the SJB.....which is on the other side of the car and not where I want my switches.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those doors are rad.
Thanks! I have gotten a bunch of compliments from people in person. It's usually the last thing people notice but I also really like them too. It's cool how much more legroom they give too.

Rm

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Those wires don't go back to the sjb...I took the pcm and sjb out of my car when I put the big block in it and still have use of my power windows after powering the wires myself. The controls for the windows are internal to the window motor assemblies. You can even still use the auto up/down function if you do it correctly. I got it working on my driver's side but not the passenger.

Drake Daniels

Reaction score
so does the windows "short drop" feature still work? where the window goes down about a half inch when you open then goes back up when the door is closed. im building an ls swapped car and looking to get rid of ecm and SJB as well. any help would be appreciated thanks

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back