Dissapointing times

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Had my first night after cams. Thinking i need those 4.10s installed before i go again.

06 gt auto Detroit rocker cams and o/r h Spectre intake Brenspeed 91 race tune.
3f7b37b4ee9972aef4c225421e66963d.jpg
a00da9ecbe1acd40270d337c523d46fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey it's all good. Dude you trapped over 100, that's great.....but look at that 60'. You need to get out of the hole way better.

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Ya dont think i was spinning but couldve. With the cams it is real weak at the start of 1st then i hit 3k and take off

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mmmmm automatic, that's where my advice runs low....If you were stick I would have some clutch slipping advice. You need to foot brake it or something so you leave the line above 3k or right where the limit of traction is. Where you foot braking it?

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
1 run i did the other i didnt. I cant get much over 2k with the stock converter.

Just looked. Previous best basically tune only was 13.6 at 101 [emoji58]

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
High stall converter, gears, and better tuner. Let's get one thing straight though, have fun with the process!! Seriously this is what makes drag racing fun.

You could wait on the gears and consider boost. Those cams won't hurt you with a s/c or turbo. If you are dead set on N/A then get the gears by all means.

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I'll do the gears with boost. I don't gear the gear.

I am having fun though at least.

Might see if Brenspeed will data log

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
410 s with boost? Go for it. These cars love forced induction. With that auto, you need to think about what kind of power adder you want. A PD blower will lessen the need for gears and converter.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Forget the gears and converter. Get that DOB ASAp. You are not the only one considering a DOB. Here is my Eaton M122 I picked up after a long search for a decent deal......it's motivation right now. One day I will make that call to DOB and it will be a great day !
96a2b5b4250aacaa9c3ad0be68cf8268.jpg

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. I dont have near the money to get the gears i have installed let alone boost

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Me either.....but I take it one step at a time. You can get an Eaton m122 for 350 if you have patience. There is no other way but for me to build my DOB kit than one piece at a time.....seeing that Eaton gives me motivation. Next month I will start working deals on injectors.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lol. I dont have near the money to get the gears i have installed let alone boost

Travis,

I have had so many different combinations over the past 9-yrs I can offer a little input to you.

If I'm reading right you have an 05 GT with the 5R55S tranny ???

If that's correct I can tell you that changing to Ford Racing (American Muscle) Gears will make a huge difference.

But .............

With the change of those rear-end gears you also would be well advised to get a new custom Billet Circle-D Converter with a little higher stall rate than stock.

If this is a car you drive all the time don't go crazy buddy on that stall speed.
The higher the stall speed the Hotter your likely to add to the overall transmission internal heat.
And Heat ruins transmissions !!!

Also speaking of rear-end-gears according to what you have right now ???
You might want to also consider going with Ford Racing 3:73 gears.

I have ran both and changed back and forth over the years.

Just so you know there is not a huge difference in MPG between the 3:73 gears & 4:10 gears if you don't drive really fast.
Meaning, if you stay around 70 MPH on the interstate using the cruise there's not much difference.

However if you drive at 80-85 MPH I would say don't go with the 4:10 gears .........

From reading your posts it reads like you are having fun and enjoying your Mustang.
That my friend is really the important thing.
There is always someone that's faster ............

Terry

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have any suspension work done? Trapping 100 for those mods isn't bad at all. If you get your 60' down, it'll be a world of difference. Suspension alone you should be able to get your 60 down to 1.8 or so.

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I have umi LCA in the rear and gt500 front LCAs. And thats it. I have 275/35r20 hankook ventus v2 street tires

I already have the 4.10s i got a good deal on used.

Not really sure if i was spinning. Didnt have anyone in the stands to check. Think im just going to wait till i get 4.10s installed before i go again.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
I have umi LCA in the rear and gt500 front LCAs. And thats it. I have 275/35r20 hankook ventus v2 street tires

I already have the 4.10s i got a good deal on used.

Not really sure if i was spinning. Didnt have anyone in the stands to check. Think im just going to wait till i get 4.10s installed before i go again.

UCA would help a lot. I would focus on getting that 60 down first. Even with 4.10, what would be the point if you aren't getting the power to the ground, you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05wvmustang

forum member
Reaction score
UCA would help a lot. I would focus on getting that 60 down first. Even with 4.10, what would be the point if you aren't getting the power to the ground, you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point. Its just such a dog in low rpm lol. Been debating an UCA. Need to research the whole using mount from a 11-14.

Also are the roush control arms a big upgrade?

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
Good point. Its just such a dog in low rpm lol. Been debating an UCA. Need to research the whole using mount from a 11-14.

Also are the roush control arms a big upgrade?

I already had Ford racing springs, but when I added the BMR UCA and mount, BMR LCAs and relocation brackets, plus adjustable panhard bar... my launch was night and day. Never been on the track with my car, but on asphalt, I had bad wheel hop before and after it launched like a beast. Obviously nothing fact about seat of the pants feel, but I'd bet my bottom dollar it would've made a huge difference on a track.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back