Hid Projectors

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Installed my new PROPER hid projector's in OEM style housing, non smoked lens, painted the reflector behind the projector black to reduce its appearance.
Went with FX-R's with 3" lens, the smaller 2.5" I felt like it wouldnt fill enough of our huge headlight housings and look out of place.
crappy garage photos because i was 101% sweat and had to get inside. need to align the up/down on each beam to get them correct. will get better out-door's pics soon
pFlxiuB.png

49vTqS4.jpg

woH5mUp.jpg

My old setup was a crappy cheap HID setup with smoked housings, I agree hid's in reflector halogen housings is a dick move, but having smoked housings required it and honestly was a horrible idea on my side. Driving behind my friend with my high beams on for 5 minutes before I asked about it, he said they were dim as hell. Nobody could tell the high's were on because they were so dull overall. 0/10, do not recommend to do

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What HID kit are you using? I've put HIDs on the backburner mainly because I'm concerned with reliability and quality of the kits out there (and partially because I'm done replacing things until they need replacing). How has your kit held up?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I literally put them on the car just before I wrote this post.

Haven't driven with em, or used them other than just testing them off a 12v battery.

Friend says the fx-r is a very good oem setup and should be very pleased with them

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks. I misread - thought you carried over the old kit you were using.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Na the old kit is some cheap hid kit I picked up. Completely replaced it

Bnbstang

Reaction score
Id like to know what housings your using? I swapped to the shelby front end after a little dukes of hazard move, and the kit only comes with halogens. I still have the stock hid's but the lenses are all torn up. I sure miss my HIDs

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I bought some eBay specials to fit these hids into.
My oem had a broken tab, and one was burnt inside from a loose cheap hid kit

b.mad

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Id like to know what housings your using? I swapped to the shelby front end after a little dukes of hazard move, and the kit only comes with halogens. I still have the stock hid's but the lenses are all torn up. I sure miss my HIDs

If you need some OEM housings, I may be able to supply that with to you. I can check if they have the factory HID version, but they are very pricey. You are better off doing a retrofit. A retrofit for both housings will run you less one OEM HID housing.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back