Advice please

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
That's a very sweet car, and although everyone on the internet says they can get into an S550 for 2 dollars, I think you did great, and an auto to boot!! Yeah, I'm a little jealous. I'd be calling Circle-D, and Mickey Thompson here directly if I was in your shoes.

Thanks, I pulled my hair out for 8 weeks and walked away from some pretty cars. Last chance effort I came here and got motivated. I'll research the circle d. What is good about it in simple terms?

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
http://
rPVyBni.jpg

w1Sv3Bw.jpg

MVgtjVR.jpg

Stock or not?

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Those pictures are way too big. But no, the blue stuff isn't stock from my experience (unless S550 stock parts are different colors then S197)

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Thanks, I pulled my hair out for 8 weeks and walked away from some pretty cars. Last chance effort I came here and got motivated. I'll research the circle d. What is good about it in simple terms?
If you're into straight line performance, it'll keep these high rpm motors in the power-band nearly "all the time". Stock converter is so damn tight, that at full throttle from a stop it holds the engine's rpm's down enough to sort of keep the engine out of it's power-band until your wheel speed reaches a determined point, and unfortunately even though these cars are plenty powerful from the factory, if you're not making that power all the time, you can and will be shown the tail-lights from other cars that don't even necessarily have as good of power to weight ratios as you.

In short, the car will be more enjoyable, and quicker to drive. I'd rather have all of my power all of the time, vs 100 more hp with a tight stall mated to a motor that's not very torque rich. If a positive displacement blower is in your future, the torque will come up nicely and the factory converter isn't so bad, but otherwise........Circle-D

Last edited:

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
If you're into straight line performance, it'll keep these high rpm motors in the power-band nearly "all the time". Stock converter is so damn tight, that at full throttle from a stop it holds the engine's rpm's down enough to sort of keep the engine out of it's power-band until your wheel speed reaches a determined point, and unfortunately even though these cars are plenty powerful from the factory, if you're not making that power all the time, you can and will be shown the tail-lights from other cars that don't even necessarily have as good of power to weight ratios as you.

In short, the car will be more enjoyable, and quicker to drive. I'd rather have all of my power all of the time, vs 100 more hp with a tight stall mated to a motor that's not very torque rich. If a positive displacement blower is in your future, the torque will come up nicely and the factory converter isn't so bad, but otherwise........Circle-D
I'm a simple man and I understand straight answers. Circle D, tune, AWE exhaust and I'm good?

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I know that would make me a happy camper!! Tires will soon be on the list after that stuff mentioned.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back