P2626 Code

nimair786

Reaction score
I installed a pair of stainless works longtime headers. Shortly after my passenger side upstream o2 went out so I replaced both of them. I then got a p2626 code. I also got my o2 sensors angled. What can be causing this code and how can I fix it? also I'm not using any extenders

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Recalibration of the PMC (assuming this has not been done since you gave zero details which helps save other people's time trying to help ....thank you) would be the first thing. IN most cases Longtime (I assume you meant Long TUBE) headers relocates the O2 sensors further back. This causes issues with the O2 sensors. The closer the sensors are to exhaust point of the cylinder the better they will perform (Greg Banish - Engine Management - Advanced Tuning). Therefore the new distance needs to be taken into consideration. This requires retuning.

That would be my first guess on such limited information.

nimair786

Reaction score
I already got an updated tune! What more information do you want? Also when I changed the o2 sensor it was in its original position and I had e85 in the car. I recently switched to 93 and got the o2 angled

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ whats been done to the car? Who tuned it? Was the problem existent before the LT swap? Year make and model? I assume its a GT V8? Have you chased back any wiring since the install? If not start there and trace back the cable looking for damaged or pinched so that it is shorting against the chassis. It still possible the tune needs additional massaging.

P2626 indicates a failure of the same O2 you claimed you replaced. Begin by chasing back your wiring. Also make sure you have the sensors connected up correctly. Also make sure you don't have a broken, crushed or pushed pin in the connector for bank one O2 sensor 1 (passenger side 1 sensor closest to the exhaust manifold.

P2626
Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S)
Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S)
harness is open or shorted Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S)
circuit poor electrical connection

BING and YAHOO are your friend.

Last edited:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
From the factory workshop manual

"During deceleration fuel shut-off (DFSO) the PCM monitors the integrity of the universal heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) UO2SPCT circuit by comparing the actual oxygen sensor voltage signal to an expected oxygen sensor voltage signal. This DTC sets when the actual oxygen sensor voltage exceeds the maximum expected voltage threshold for a specified amount of time."

Who is tuning your car? Are you using O2 sensor extensions? What brand of O2 sensor did you use to replace the originally failed/failing sensors? Any pinched or melted wires anywhere?

nimair786

Reaction score
lund tuned the car and I'm using factory gem o2 sensors. Nope not using any extensions

Cj intake manifold with gt500 throttle body. This problem happened after the longtime install

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did you check the harness wiring to be sure they didn't get pinched anywhere?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back