Your thoughts on this WB sensor location?

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I figured i would install the gauge sensor in to the driverside bung. Is it too far from LTH's, or should I install another bung mount closer?

Attachments

• IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
If it's for a A/F ratio gauge reading, it should be fine. A little too far if the sensor's job was to communicate with the ecu to control the engine's fueling.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
That is about where it is on my fox body, and works fine. For boosted applications, AEM recommends moving the sensor down pipe to reduce heat on the sensor.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have mine right after the header. I always thought it ought to be as close the header as possible for the most accurate reading.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the sensor in that location, it's set at 20clock, and works fine what I can see. But I wouldn't know if it is a good or bad location per say.

46addict

Reaction score
The instructions for Innovate sensors call for 24" past the header collector. Any closer and you will shorten the life of the sensor, and the further down you go the leaner it will read. http://www.modularfords.com/threads/27265-Wideband-tailpipe-sniffer-vs-02-bung-I-have-results
This thread compares the difference between bung mounting versus tailpipe sniffer mounting (extreme example, I know) and the difference is bigger than I thought. I'm not sure how significant that is though, because most of the difference seems to be at low RPM, and part throttle/low RPM tuning can be done with narrowband sensors anyway.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back