Sticky line lock?

Graham19922011

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Hurst line lock on my 06 GT, don't use it too often. Had it maybe a year and a half and used it roughly 10 times. I flipped my switch, pumped the brakes a few times and it worked fine til i flipped the switch off and the car stayed still for maybe 5 seconds while i was doing a burnout. Is this normal? Or should it disengage instantly?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The solinoid should disengage immediately.

With the car off, engage and disengage the LL. U should hear the solinoid snap on and off.

Graham19922011

forum member
Reaction score
I did and it worked fine. I'll try it again tomorrow to see if it continues. I figured if it did it once it would consistently do it with something like that.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Could be a sticky caliper piston.

wouldn't that likely allow the car to start to move to one side or the other? as one front wheel would be free to spin

07 Boss

Reaction score
wouldn't that likely allow the car to start to move to one side or the other? as one front wheel would be free to spin

True but I'm just looking at options as he says the solenoid is operating properly. What else could it be?

Graham19922011

forum member
Reaction score
I’ve done some more testing recently as I’ve been super busy. But it has a delay? Maybe a 2 second delay to it. Checked all connections, no loose wires and everything is tightened down. Anything else I could do? It disengages consistently after 2 second but engages immediately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a Hurst line lock on my 06 GT, don't use it too often. Had it maybe a year and a half and used it roughly 10 times. I flipped my switch, pumped the brakes a few times and it worked fine til i flipped the switch off and the car stayed still for maybe 5 seconds while i was doing a burnout. Is this normal? Or should it disengage instantly?

If I'm reading that right and you were pumping the brakes after you engaged the line lock you could have built up pressure on the feed side of the solenoid which cause a delay in opening and allowing the breaks to immediately release after you de-energized the line lock.

No pumping is needed. Stand on the brake hard then engage the lock, release the brake pedal and start your burnout, shouldn't touch the pedal again, just release the lock when your ready to roll our of it.

Graham19922011

forum member
Reaction score
If I'm reading that right and you were pumping the brakes after you engaged the line lock you could have built up pressure on the feed side of the solenoid which cause a delay in opening and allowing the breaks to immediately release after you de-energized the line lock.

No pumping is needed. Stand on the brake hard then engage the lock, release the brake pedal and start your burnout, shouldn't touch the pedal again, just release the lock when your ready to roll our of it.

The last few times I tested it with the car off, I didn’t pump at all. Just switch on and then off couple seconds later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back