How to identify hot rod cams?

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
I found a decent deal on some hotrod cams. Used of course. They come in the box but you know, I’d like to be sure.

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
Found it 3701a on one cam and 3702a on the other. You wont believe the Deal I got on these near pristine hot rod cams.

Reference used to verify markings:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-6550-3V.pdf

Btw this Ford supplied installation manual for the hotrod cams... tells you what the stock timing setting are verses what they should be adjusted to after installation of the hot rod cams.

Last edited:

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
Well since no one is dying in anticipation haha I’ll just say it... I got the cams for $200.

MechE

forum member
Reaction score
well alright! I probably couldn't get a set of Coyote cams out of the bottom of an arc furnace for that.

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah surprised the hell out of me when I seen them listed for 250 and even more surprised when he accepted my 200 offer. He said no one responded for 3 days cause people probably thought his ad was a scam but he needed the money.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
hah, funny enough if he listed them higher he would have sold them in a day or two

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought too, his ad would have seemed more legitimate and would have sold them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back