OEM Coyote head gaskets for a build

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Hello everybody. This winter, I have the green-light to spend some money to upgrade my short-block to handle some more boost / horsepower. My build is going to be very simple. Manley rods, Wiseco stock compression pistons, boss 302 valve-springs simply to handle more boost from my current FI setup, and when I start going lean from turning up the boost, I'll do a fuel system for E85.

By having my local machine shop guy check the line-bore, cylinder bores and everything else to verify my low mileage block won't require a whole lot of machine work to put the upgraded parts into, I'll save alot of money compared to simply buying a nice forged short-block for around 5K, and I won't have a second motor taking up space.

Here's what's weird, as I'm trying to get all the small parts figured out, like gaskets, fasteners etc. Most of the Coyote capable outfits have aftermarket head gaskets available for well over 100 dollars, but Tasca has OEM ones for under 15$ a piece. I've read on-line of some pretty potent builds using factory head gaskets, does anyone here see a problem using oem's? I know there's alot of supercharged factory motored vehicles running without issues. I'll also be using ARP head, and main studs fyi.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back