Broken spark plug in head procedure.

james432

forum member
Reaction score
where can we get that tool just incase i brake on off..if i have the tool it wont happen thats my luck,if i dont have it it will break lol

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dammit i need to change the plugs but now im too scared.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
welp changed the plugs, it went very smoothly. In the video it says to do it on a warm engine, I did it when mine was HOT with some gloves on. All I really did carefully was SLOWLY and SMOOTHLY add pressure to the wrench (as well as let the plugs soak in PBlaster for a while).

EvlMnky

forum member
Reaction score
i just did mine on my 07 with 32,000 miles. sprayed some PB Blaster! in there and let it sit for about 2hrs and all 8 came out fairly easy.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, ironically, I just learned of this issue from my Grabber Orange site last night. Right away I went out and removed a plug to see how bad it is. It came out with normal effort, but, I only have 4600 miles. My immediate thought was to buy new, one piece replacements. Now, after having searched the threads, maybe not.

Is there an over the (parts) counter one piece replacement for stock engines thats NOT Champion? I wouldnt put Champs in a lawn mower. If not, is there a special kind of anti seize to use or just w/e is on the shelf?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, ironically, I just learned of this issue from my Grabber Orange site last night. Right away I went out and removed a plug to see how bad it is. It came out with normal effort, but, I only have 4600 miles. My immediate thought was to buy new, one piece replacements. Now, after having searched the threads, maybe not.

Is there an over the (parts) counter one piece replacement for stock engines thats NOT Champion? I wouldnt put Champs in a lawn mower. If not, is there a special kind of anti seize to use or just w/e is on the shelf?
Motorcraft XL-2

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
awsome tools and at all but wouldnt it been easier if they designed the heads with freaking normal plugs from the begining

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
awsome tools and at all but wouldnt it been easier if they designed the heads with freaking normal plugs from the begining

True story.... but you have to work with what you have. Which is why I am glad aftermarket companies have introduced a traditional, one piece plug. :)

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I just changed my factory plugs. I have 15,000. They were a pain, but didn't break. I dont see were pb blaster would help because its the long shaft that rusts into the cylinder. changing on a hot engine makes sense, buts goes against every law of working on aluminum.

justintx75

Reaction score
i have an 06 gt w/ 100k and i just changed mine-- well 6 out of 8 came out fine the last two where a pita but they came on out. my advice to everyone is to change them before 50k and use the special antiseize on the reinstall of the new ones.If you do a lot of idling or stop and go driving then do them early before they get stuck in the hole.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
round 3 of plug change, the last round was done at the shop but the same plugs went in. These came out stupid easy and now brisk one-piece plugs are in (at .035) so it's nice to not have to worry about breaking a plug again.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back