Long Awaited Turbo build...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you know there are 2 small tabs that if you line them up,then barely turn the hat,the hat will sit flush and will hold its self down right? then you just put the lock ring on and use 2 screwdrivers at the same time to rotate it,one screw driver on each side .getting the tabs lined up and getting the hat to sit fluch before messing with the lock ring is the key.

yes i notcied sometimes it would hold itself down and sometimes it wouldnt, but still was unable to get the dam ring on. Can u explain a little better about these tabs please!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ordered a new ring from tousley as none of local dealers had one in stock. Overnighted it so should be here tommorow.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
yes i notcied sometimes it would hold itself down and sometimes it wouldnt, but still was unable to get the dam ring on. Can u explain a little better about these tabs please!

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2011-mustangs/504117-gt500-fuel-pumps-diy-w-pictures.html

d013-2.jpg

you see the notch top and bottom?

d011-2.jpg

you can see the tab in this photo, look right above the post where the spring is at.line up those tabs with the notchs in the tank,turn it and it will sit there so you can just install the lock ring.

d024-2.jpg

notice no lock ring in place but the hat sits down?

d025-2.jpg

use 2 screwdrivers,it will go in like butter!!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, turns out one of the those tabs under the hat was bent and when we were trying to force the hat to sit flush it got bent as well and in turn bent the locking ring. I have 07 but my locking ring is green and the wiring feed is grey not white funny how things change from car to car.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Thanks man, turns out one of the those tabs under the hat was bent and when we were trying to force the hat to sit flush it got bent as well and in turn bent the locking ring. I have 07 but my locking ring is green and the wiring feed is grey not white funny how things change from car to car.

the black lock ring came with the gt500 kit and the white plug is the gt500 hat. my original ring was green.

so did you get it back in?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No the top of the fuel hat is bent and one of the rods that goes down and holds the bottom with the springs is bent and wont lay flat to get the locking ring on, i have to try and find the top part to the oem fuel hat, so for now the car is sitting till i can find one.

Turns out these things are very easy to bend and hard to get back as well. And it has to be just perfect and sit flush for the ring to go on all the way around.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We figured this out by taking the passenger's side assembly out and doing a side by side comparasion...he will be checking at 2 salvage yards to see if they have any hat assemblies that he can get and swap over the pumps...wow what an experience this has been!

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
good luck with the project.
i will be watching closely, i am going to be doing the same thing, but with a NOVI.
im very interested to see how you run your intercooler piping, especially pre-intercooler, because i have a few ideas, but now very certain on where to run em.
Looks like an awesome project!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good luck with the project.
i will be watching closely, i am going to be doing the same thing, but with a NOVI.
im very interested to see how you run your intercooler piping, especially pre-intercooler, because i have a few ideas, but now very certain on where to run em.
Looks like an awesome project!

Thanks will do they will basiclt be running between the radiator and rad support doing a quick bend with 2 90 degree couples to the intercooler

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just bought an eboost2, thanks blacknlte :) More stuff to install ;) and take pics lol

Post # 2 (price list) updated.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay ford gt pumps are in and working, thanks Steve Poe for the fast shipping on the fuel hat and lock ring!!! Now time to order the piping :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back