How to swap a 5.4 into your mustang.

stangstud09

Respect my authority
Reaction score
how much ? is it complete lmk im in dallas, i already have the 8.8 installed i can get the driveshaft for 25$

Last edited:

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Guy post a video and pics like everybody is saying you lazy bastard

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
im sure he does... I was just being an ass since i know him lol we go to the same college but FYI it really happened and runs well!

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
what are teh advantages over a 4.6 besides the displacement? I know it makes a little more torque, but is it stronger? Whats its max HP before it gets "risky"? And is it a different animal to put in a 4v 5.4 out of an earlier navigator? This is just a "feeler" for me...I may consider this when I blow up my 4.6...

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Displacement, with a substantial more amount of torque. Block and crank are forged but the rods and pistons are the same. It is a MUCH different animal to get the ecu and intake situated(currently looking into doing this)

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the intake so much because my Saleen would go on top, but the ECU? whats the problem with that?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You can find them locally for under a grand easy. I bought 2 actually for under $900

And your saleen won't fit, it's got a taller deck height than your 4.6 so it is wider.

converturbo

Reaction score
Where are you finding the engines for so cheap? I am in Cedar Park, Tx and might be interested in this swap for my 06 GT.

blown88coupe

forum member
Reaction score
I might be getting my hands on one very soon. Does anybody know for sure that the crank is forged? And will a F150 manifold work on our cars? and machanic buddy of mine said ECU will work just have to adjust fuel, has anyone done this on a 4.6 that can shed some light on this for us?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Manifold won't work. Crank is forged. I'm running a 4.6 ecu with adjustments for the displacement of the 5.4

blown88coupe

forum member
Reaction score
Kuro! can i PM or email you, would really like to talk to someone that has done it?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back