July 2011 Car of the Month: QueenbeeGT

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RTR-Mustang-2.jpg

Vanessa Dlo's 2011 Mustang RTR 5.0​

This month we have the queen bee. Thats right, Vanessa Dlo's (QueenbeeGT) beautiful 2011 Vaughn Gittin Jr RTR 5.0. This special addition car just looks good from every angle. The grabber blue with black trim is a very eye appealing combination, but beauty is more then skin deep with this car. Lets take a closer look and see what makes this an RTR.

3.jpg

So what exactly is the RTR? The 2011 Mustang RTR package was jointly-developed with Vaughn Gittin Jr. - the driver of the Monster Energy/Falken Tire Mustang GT in the Formula Drift series. It features a chin spoiler, side sill extensions, a rear diffuser and an aluminum spoiler,distinctive stripes, unique interior trim (exclusive floor mats, a short throw shifter and plenty of RTR emblems) and 19X9.5 inch wheels with Falken FK-452 tires. The RTR also boasts a revised ECU, a high-flow air filter, and Ford Racing mufflers and a Ford Racing handling package. But that wasn't good enough for Vanessa. A boss intake manifold was added, along with a JLT carbon fiber CAI, a BBR 3 inch off road x-pipe, and a BBR 93 octane extreme tune. This combo is good for 416 rwhp and 350 rwtq, and has netted a best 12.30 @ 118 mph.

rtr010.jpg

The suspension is mostly stock, with the only modifications being the BBR billet lower control arms and relocation brakets, and Nitto drag radials (when at the track). However, the "stock" suspension on the RTR is different from a typical 5.0. The car is lowered 1.5 inches with Ford Racing's handling pack with performance tuned springs and dampers, as well as a stiffer rear sway bar. Riding on 19X9.5 special addition RTR wheels and Falken race tires, the handling makes this car that much more fun to drive. The interior of this special addition RTR has been left stock.

rtr1-1.jpg

Mod List:

Vanessa’s 2011 Mustang RTR 5.0 (Grab her) after market mods:
· BOSS intake manifold
· JLT carbon fiber CAI
· BBR 3 inch off road x-pipe
· UPR billet LCA’s
· UPR billet relocating brackets
· BBR 93 octane extreme tune

RTR-Mustang-3.jpg

In Vanessa's own words:

Thank you all so much for this honor. I’ve grown up around muscle cars my whole life, along with that being one of the few women in my local car scene. I have previously owned a c6 Ls2 corvette and a 2008 GT/CS . I have to say I have had the most fun with this RTR.

After wrecking my 2008 C/S GT , I looked into upgrading to a new 2011 5.0 premium package. After shopping around I came across the 2011 Vaughn Gittin Jr RTR edition 5.0 this car caught my eye immediately. I had to have it! Approximately three months after having the car I did a few bolt on’s. I didn’t want to go with anything to extreme as far as the mods go. In the near future I do plan on getting a hellion turbo kit or a Paxton kit. The cars best time is 12.3@ 118 on nitto NTO5R’s. On the previous tune it made 416 hp and 350 torque. I have not had a chance to dyno the car since then with the updated tune. I would like to thank Jay Lerma Jr. at Jays Performance in San Antonio, TX for all his help and support working on the car. Chris Jones and John Zeilinga at Blow By Racing in Boca Raton, FL for all their time and support getting the right tune for this car and My friends and supporters who help me out with the car at JMS racing in San Antonio, TX. Thanks again to everyone on this forum for all your kind words and for making my mustang July 2011 car of the month.

Mustangs are great cars to own and racing/modifying takes dedication ”be about it” - queenbeegt

RTR-Mustang-1.jpg

Congratulations Vanessa on being S197forum's July 2011 Car Of the Month!

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Vanessa on being July 2011 Car Of The Month --- from the entire S197 team!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Queenie, you surely do deserve this distinction! You're car is about the only GB car I've seen that makes me want it!! You've done an EXCELLENT job with it, you are obviously the real deal when it comes to women in the enthusiast muscle car scene and you have an admirable attitude about being around a bunch of guys who are, at best, crass. Like me!

Good one on ya girl! Congrats!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Beauties the both of the girls!!!

Congrats!!

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Vanessa. That is sweet looking ride for a sweet looking lady.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great choice for COTM!

Kudos to Paul for yet another great write-up and taking the time to acknowledge her car!

Queenbee, the car is amazing! A car that looks this good still looks a little better when you get it in!

Very tasteful mods you've done so far! A perfect blend of power and aesthetics! Although the RTR doesn't need anything to make it stand out, you've improved on this great design!

We're very happy to have you here at S197!

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we're looking forward to your next photoshoot!

What's next for the immediate future? I see you want either a Hellion or a Paxton. Anything in mind before going FI?

Keep up the good work!

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats chica!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back