2013 Hot Rod Power Tour

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
The stops for next year's tour got released today so I thought I'd start a thread. A little shorter route overall for us, but still a good looking trip!

Day 1: Arlington, TX
Day 2: Texarkana, AR
Day 3: Little Rock, AR
Day 4: Memphis, TN
Day 5: Birmingham, AL
Day 6: Chattanooga, TN
Day 7: Charlotte, NC

http://blogs.hotrod.com/power-tour-2013-–-dates-and-cities-29187.html

My wife and I are planning the Long Haul again. We met Xorak on this year's tour and hope to meet up again next year. We'd love to meet some other S197 members so maybe this will drum up some interest.

This was by far the most fun we've had. If you haven't been, I recommend it to everyone. It was unbelievable.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
we were just talking about this at our local cruise-in last night and we've already got the hotels booked for it :)

go ahead and plan for a good BBQ dinner with us when we make the Memphis stop.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
we were just talking about this at our local cruise-in last night and we've already got the hotels booked for it :)

go ahead and plan for a good BBQ dinner with us when we make the Memphis stop.

Awesome! Will do.

I've GOT to get my hotels booked. I've just been so freaking busy.

ocpony

forum member
Reaction score
I did the Long Haul also this year. First time doing the tour. It is definitely worth doing. Unbelievable amount of car and completely diverse types. There is something for everyone on the trip. I did Autocross on Champagne stop and also competed in the Optima Ultimate face off. We won a $2500 stereo system from Kicker on the Stillwater stop. I went to College at OSU and my son (who went on the trip with me) was born there so it was very nostalgic. I got an invite to show my car at SEMA and compete in the Optima Ultimate Street Challenge right after SEMA. So it was definitely the best event ever for me.

I hope to do it again in 2013! You definitely want to get your rooms early because some stops there is just not close to enough hotel rooms available close by. In the larger cities it is not a problem though.

Blue Vue

forum member
Reaction score
Im planning on taking my saleen from arlington to memphis this year. I just don't have the time budget to do the long haul. But I am definitely looking forward to doing the tour again. Haven't been since 2004.
Here is a pic of the car:
2011-10-05_19-13-49_623.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang, this is coming right through my back yard! I could meet up in Memphis, drive down to B'ham, and on up to Chattanooga. I have got to make this happen.

I have never on a power tour, but a few years back, it came right through huntsville. So many cool rides.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
let's all plan on dinner at Corky's BBQ on Germantown Rd. in Memphis while the Tour is in town. shoot for around 7:00pm.

maybe some of you can point out a dinner meet-up in your local towns along the way. i know the few of us that are long hauling would love to have some more S197 stops to make along the way.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Now I am so sad.....I won't be on the tour this year after all. We decided it would be better to take the kids to Disney World so my Power Tour time and money are going there.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Yeah. Kids are out of school then. Arguing with my ex-wife to let my daughter go during the school year would be like sticking my wiener in a meat grinder.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. Kids are out of school then. Arguing with my ex-wife to let my daughter go during the school year would be like sticking my wiener in a meat grinder.

I'd rather stick my wiener in a meat grinder than deal with Disney in the Summer (former FL resident and just came back from Disney over a 3 day weekend OUTSIDE of peak season).

I will pray for you.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back