Let me see some aftermarket hoods!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket hood as my next major "mod." I haven't decided yet on which one would look best.

Let me see some pictures of your aftermarket hoods! (And don't forget to tell me where you got them from!)

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
Cervinis, I understand that my car isn't the same body style, but I think the hood looks nice and you get the idea.

Attachments

• DSC05621.JPG
    DSC05621.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 26

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
I've been looking too, trying to find one that's actually lighter then stock. I think VIS CF are around 16 lbs but cant find anything specific.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cervinis, I understand that my car isn't the same body style, but I think the hood looks nice and you get the idea.

One of the ones I'm considering is the SpeedForm (TruFiber) version of that hood, which is basically the same thing, but with slightly narrower vents:

98610_alt3

https://www.americanmuscle.com/trufiber-venom-hood-1011.html

Got any more pictures?

Banyosshep

Reaction score
I cannot find anywhere else to post this.. But question? What are people willing to pay for a stock mustang hood?

I'm debating if it's worth cutting heat vents into my mine

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
I cannot find anywhere else to post this.. But question? What are people willing to pay for a stock mustang hood?

when i was looking for one 2 years ago and i bought 3 of them. the prices i paid were $200, $125, and $75. they were all in good shape with no dents in them. the $75 one had light oxidation in the front hood seam.
so don't worry about cutting up your hood to put tracspec vents in.

here is a pic of 07-09 GT500 bare hood i bought for $150. i cut the vents larger and added tracspec vents in. i also welded up the WW squirter holes and added aerocatch hood pins.

101_0263.JPG

Last edited:

Juice

forum member
Reaction score

A new stock 05-09 hood is over a grand from Ford. I am running the Cervini heat extractor hood, and it is HEAVIER than the stocker. I left the block off plates off to make the slots functional. Verified at last track event, it does function and did lower my oil temps. Not sure if it helps much with aero drag, but it should be relieving some under hood pressure. Body shop that did the paint work bought my stock hood for $400.

https://www.cervinis.com/05-09mustang-heat-extractor-hood.html

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
4 Inch Cervini Cowl Hood. This thing weighs a ton! Lucked up and traded my stock hood for this one plus a few bucks and it was already the same color as my car.

IMG_0118.jpg

Villian

Reaction score
20190202_155107.jpg 20190202_154645.jpg
Steeda ultralight full cowl induction

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back