AM Claims the "Group Leader" Should have the forum code

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
After numerous PMs, I got tired of waiting for a code (like countless of you on this forum and others) so last week I did the chat on AM's website. The person said Will is the one with the codes and she would forward him my info so that he can email me a code. No response.

So I just called AM and explained to the guy the above. He put me on hold. He came back and said that the "group leader" should have the code. Side note, he had no idea what this website is about which is sad since they are a sponsor. He asked if it was a facebook thing. I said no, its a website dedicated to these cars. Anyway, he again said "ask your group leader". I asked him I could talk to Will since Will said in another post that he has the codes. The guy on the phone said Will does not take calls.

I know its been said before, but it sucks when a company gets too big...

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They must have had some serious turnover in personnel, as in nobody knows what the fuck they used to do and be good at.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IDK if it will do any good, I messaged every AM rep on the site.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
They have never passed calls to the internet guy, it's company policy . They suck now, I've used them as a vendor on serval builds, now I don't use them at all.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IDK if it will do any good, I messaged every AM rep on the site.

Well no reply from AM. I did get a code from a member and passed it on earlier.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
They have never passed calls to the internet guy, it's company policy . They suck now, I've used them as a vendor on serval builds, now I don't use them at all.

I was just being a smartass lol. I dont buy from them anymore either. Their prices arent that great and the last time I bought from them I got a bad product and when I called them the lady kept on asking stupid questions instead of just replacing the product. I think I was on the phone for an hour with her. Its not hard to see how spark plugs with porcelain moving around is a manufacturers defect... but I digress.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I was just being a smartass lol. I dont buy from them anymore either. Their prices arent that great and the last time I bought from them I got a bad product and when I called them the lady kept on asking stupid questions instead of just replacing the product. I think I was on the phone for an hour with her. Its not hard to see how spark plugs with porcelain moving around is a manufacturers defect... but I digress.

I know you were, lol.
I've always found them to have the best prices, usually, but yeah, the CS is trash so I said "no more".

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I know you were, lol.
I've always found them to have the best prices, usually, but yeah, the CS is trash so I said "no more".

They do have great prices compared to the other guys but I do most of my shopping off of ebay now. But Im a little biased because Im not buying supercharger kits or engine blocks but smaller parts.

That was the second time I had to contact them. The first time was fine but the last one the lady just wouldnt shut up and I was on hold forever. They even wanted me to send them pictures. I was like lady just take your damn spark plugs and Ill be on my way. It was sort of a blessing in disguise though as I found 1 piece plugs and went with them instead.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
They do have great prices compared to the other guys but I do most of my shopping off of ebay now. But Im a little biased because Im not buying supercharger kits or engine blocks but smaller parts.

That was the second time I had to contact them. The first time was fine but the last one the lady just wouldnt shut up and I was on hold forever. They even wanted me to send them pictures. I was like lady just take your damn spark plugs and Ill be on my way. It was sort of a blessing in disguise though as I found 1 piece plugs and went with them instead.

I do a lot of stuff buying and selling on eBay too, 979_marino is my identity there. I like eBay but man there is a learning curve when it comes to buying speed parts and getting quality parts. Now it's second nature, mostly taking the time to google part numbers as I shop and looking at reviews outside of eBay.
Hotrod magazine did one of their turbo kits and it worked ($600) but did need a lot of the cheap control type parts swapped out for better shit.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I do a lot of stuff buying and selling on eBay too, 979_marino is my identity there. I like eBay but man there is a learning curve when it comes to buying speed parts and getting quality parts. Now it's second nature, mostly taking the time to google part numbers as I shop and looking at reviews outside of eBay.
Hotrod magazine did one of their turbo kits and it worked ($600) but did need a lot of the cheap control type parts swapped out for better shit.

Selling isnt a strongpoint for me on ebay lol. I do a lot more buying but it depends on the part. I got my gt500 clutch master cylinder from there recently for 90 bucks. Otherwise Ill get leds, headlights, tools etc that sort of stuff and have yet to get burned. I see a lot of people sell lowering springs too. Theyve got to be decent or else they would be taken down. Oh and a lot of people on sn95forums bought ebay stainless longtubes and all are happy so far. But I too will research ebay products to death before buying.

Now the ebay turbo kit sounds to be on par with on3 lol. The turbo is ok but things like the bov will need to be changed. Its like building a motor but reusing the stock rods. Sure they might last but youre better off getting a well known brand that has great reviews.

46addict

Reaction score
I miss the days when AM used to be called Mustang Tuning and Doug Studdard did the mail tunes. I'm not sure if there was any affiliation between the two at the time, things are running together.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I used to buy PC parts from them before they opened up the Mustang aftermarket portion.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I miss the days when AM used to be called Mustang Tuning and Doug Studdard did the mail tunes. I'm not sure if there was any affiliation between the two at the time, things are running together.

I don't recall them being called that. I thought there was another name in there as well. I see they did change the name in 2006 - maybe there were other business rolled up.

Doug was the founder of "Bama Tuning" AM bought the business, as I recall, Doug was with them for a time, he then left sometime later.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I feel like the CS went to shit once they added the F150 line, too much to "specialize" in. Coupled with the fact that all they do for the F150 market is sell parts, no custom tuning or legitimate services related to the trucks at all beyond standard issue parts sells.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
I think they are great to browse and see the lowest prices around but I've found many vendors on here get very close to their pricing during sale times.

I picked up fuel rails on Ebay from a guy who never used them. Seems to be working out well. Name brand, fraction of the price. I just had to do more plumbing, which was a learning experience. I also just bought a Ford Racing part on ebay when they had that $15 off coupon. Ebay can be real good at times but you get no CS. So it just depends what you want. Ebay is still the best for car audio.

stv_huff

Stock
Reaction score
Personally I like the ebay hunt and research. I don't buy parts unless they are 50% or more off retail.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have found that a lot of what they sell can be found cheaper else where unless it is a reproduction part. Case in point, I was looking for a service part (foxbody license plate light lenses & screws) and they had them for like, I think, $26 bucks plus shipping. I found them on Amazon for like $12. Even after paying shipping I was only at $18.

Bottom line, they are not the only source, but they are a good source. And you should shop around because you may find it much cheaper from another vendor, even after the shipping factors into it.

Either nobody likes to admit it or wants to admit it. But customer service for large companies is only going to be good enough to maintain a minimum level of customer satisfaction set by the management team. If targets can be hit with less CS expense they will do it. If it can't be quantitatively tied to more sales, it is an expense without "value" and subject to elimination or reduction. I see bigger companies do this all the time. And it creates a downward spiral of customer satisfaction.

For a long time I found AM and LMR to be great sources, but recently I have felt like AM has slipped toward the JC Whitney end of the spectrum. More so than LMR, but they have slid that way too a little bit IMO. I would not be surprised if one of them bought the other or they merged. There websites are so close to the same it's silly. But I digress.

Last edited:

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
American Muscle is the autozone of mustang parts. Every stick or bolt on appearance mod you could slap on your car to make it look like a ricer can be found there. The prices are not great and their customer service is terrible.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back