Eco boost manifold on a 3.7

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/bEl3S61t9p4
I bought a wrecked 2012 a while ago and while putting it back together the manifold was trashed so I decided to do a little modding. This manifold is from a Taurus and uses spacers with the injectors built into the manifold legs. Ive replaced a bunch of harnesses and slices here and there and got very lucky and it started first try. Even had it round the block. Idles well and is very smooth. I am using a Gt throttle body and so far it works fine. Still on the stock tune but it throws no codes. Need to dyno it some time in the future to see how it does but I have some more details to sort out. At least it works, might not be all that for NA but will be great with a procharger or a turbo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
That's interesting. Did you ever dyno it before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
No bought it wrecked but there is enough bench mark dyno runs out there I should have an idea of what it should make stock. Ill run it at the strip and see what it does.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Add Ecoboost exhaust manifolds and instant twin turbo 3.7 V6.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
If only the bolt patterns were the same......

Um, the 3.5EB and 3.7 do have the same exhaust manifold bolt pattern.

In fact if you look up the gaskets they start out as different part numbers but supercede to the same gaskets.

The only difference is that on the 3.5 the gaskets have built in heat shields so they're listed as left and right where the 3.7 uses the same gasket from side to side since they don't have shields.

-Steve

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
Um, the 3.5EB and 3.7 do have the same exhaust manifold bolt pattern.

In fact if you look up the gaskets they start out as different part numbers but supercede to the same gaskets.

The only difference is that on the 3.5 the gaskets have built in heat shields so they're listed as left and right where the 3.7 uses the same gasket from side to side since they don't have shields.

-Steve
Steve I could have swore that the F150 manifold had a different bolt pattern. I had one in hand when we were tinkering with an ecoboost 3.7 grafting. Must have been hitting the budweisers a bit too hard.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Steve I could have swore that the F150 manifold had a different bolt pattern. I had one in hand when we were tinkering with an ecoboost 3.7 grafting. Must have been hitting the budweisers a bit too hard.

No worries, The F-150 3.7 exhaust manifold gasket is actually a Mustang part number which is a pretty dead give away.

BR3Z-9448-C and the prefix translates as B=2012 R3=Mustang Z=Ford design team.

-Steve

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Twin turbo 3.7. Waiting for someone to do it.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought you had posted something about it once.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
I would assume once you found the suitable turbos F 150 Take off parts would keep fabrication to a minimum.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
As bad as I want to do another M122 build I feel like I'm wasting my work on this manifold to not run a turbo on it.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would assume once you found the suitable turbos F 150 Take off parts would keep fabrication to a minimum.

The person I was working with did use OEM Ecoboost manifolds and turbos.

-Steve

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
Well I would love to know some details as I thought the turbos were electronically controlled. I'll give you a call Monday

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
I made a pull and was at 277 hp but the tune has some issues. Hope to have it sorted out this week. I should just take it down to Evolution and have it done right instead of the data log and wait method. I need t I chase down an exhaust leak and redo the fuel trims. It runs very well though and the power curve is great and loves to rev.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
The manifold r Rea llc changed the whole character of the engine. I drove a 3.7 back to back that had similar mods and the difference was drastic. Sound and the way it pulled was completely different. When I sort out the tune and do a set of rear gears I hope to find a test and tune night somewhere. But I very all I am very happy with how it came out

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
a3u9ybes.jpg
9yvu4ape.jpg

it really came out well and is begging for some kind of FI.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back