bfgoodrich comp 2 all seasons

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I am personally running the "regular" BFG Sport Comp 2s, and they have been great tires for the money.

I did get a chance to drive a V6 S550 on an auto cross course at Mustang Week two years ago that was equipped with the same Sport Comp 2 All Seasons from your post, and I was extremely surprised at their performance on the auto cross course. The car handled incredibly well considering it was on all season tires.

I don't think you would be disappointed at all with the BFGs. I have even gotten over 20K miles out of my "regular" Sport Comp 2s, although they are pretty much done, and need replacement.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+COMP-2+A/S

Has anyone ever ran these tires? I have summer tires on my gt500 rims and they will need replacement soon but I don't drive anywhere to the point of absolutely needing a summer type tire. I'm mainly looking for mileage and being able to run them longer into the year before switching to my winter wheels.

I have these on my rear wheels and I absolutely love them. I went from General g-max a/s to these a couple months ago and I don't think I'll be going anywhere else. I drive my car everywhere so I need all around traction. The road noise is significantly less than my previous tire. I just drove 2,550 miles across the country and not a single issue. I've driven in downpours already and
Tried to spin out just for fun and they hooked a lot better than I thought they would. I can't comment on how long they will last as I've only had mine since February. I will say I've already put almost 9,000 miles on them with absolutely zero signs of wear.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Very happy with the summer BFG Comp 2s, if the AS version handles as well you should be well pleased. Good bang for the buck too.

BullittSS

Reaction score
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+COMP-2+A/S

Has anyone ever ran these tires? I have summer tires on my gt500 rims and they will need replacement soon but I don't drive anywhere to the point of absolutely needing a summer type tire. I'm mainly looking for mileage and being able to run them longer into the year before switching to my winter wheels.
I have the g-Force COMP-2 A/S's, and have around 15,000 miles on them -- with relatively little wear. I originally bought them for Atlanta commuter traffic, but I've since retired and relocated to the Upper Penisula of Michigan. The g-Force COMP-2 A/S's peformed very well this past winter, driving in many different conditions. The biggest challenge was getting out of the driveway with several inches of new snow, or occasional ice. If you have a manual transmission, traction issues related to torque can usually be overcome by starting in a higher gear. I actually started out in 4th gear on one occasion (3.73 rear axle).

Once on the road, the g-Force COMP-2 A/S's were exceptional, particularly on cold, wet surfaces. They are very dicey on icy spots, but that is to be expected. I had the General AS-03's and Continental DWS's on a 2009 Bullitt -- the g-Force COMP-2 A/S's compare very favorably to them, especially considering big difference in torque between the 4.6 and 5.0.

For what you describe, the g-Force COMP-2 A/S's should be more than adequate, even in cold rain or a couple of inches of snow. Beyond that, snow tires should be considered -- if only because the torque of the 5.0 makes it so easy to break the tires loose. I'm strongly considering getting snow tires/wheels for next winter's driving adventures in the UP!

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
ok cool thanks everyone! Then these tires will be what goes on the rims very soon. And as far as the snow goes I got dedicated rims and tires for that mess lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back