2007 V6 Mustang coolant leak

Reaction score
i just started to see coolant under the intake plenum and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. does anyone know if there are any gaskets that might need replacement in that area?

also does anyone know where i can find a complete breakdown for the 4.0 engine?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of cracked thermostat housings!!!!
A local guy just had the same thing happen, and then it completely broke yesterday.

I have the t-stat housing, complete, top and bottom and w/temp sensor, from my '05 for sale.

merlinv

Fast little blue pony
Reaction score
Coolant under plenum

Check your T-stat housing and you will find it is cracked or unglued, they are good for about anywhere between 55k to around 65k, I replaced mine around a year ago, and accordingto my log book, my milage was at 56k. I heard my phone ring and when I answered hello, my daughter said "Dad the car is hot, I think its overheating, sure enough t-stat housing. kit will come with oring and upper and bottom housing the only thing you don't get is a stupid 39 cent oring that fits on the temp sender, which ford whants to charge around $45.00 for, I had to go to a local HYD. shop in order to match it up (metric) size. Good luck

merlinv

Fast little blue pony
Reaction score
By the way there made in BP land and you wander why the crack or unglue, sounds like a problem we have in the Gulf of Mexico. LOL

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
$50 shipped for the one from my 4.0L V6. Includes upper and lower parts, the coolant temp sensor, and includes your choice of a 180* or the stock 192* thermostat.
PM me for further details.

Last edited:

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
mine did the same thing i just had to buy a top housing part gaskets and a 195 thermo

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back