Increase horsepower/speed?

suleman09

Sully's Stang10
Reaction score
What cheap ways can i raise my horsepower? and how much horsepower will each upgrade give me?
Links? prices?

is there any way i can actually increase the speed of my car? without adding nos and things like that. cuz thats expensive lol
like right now my car hits 120mph,is there any way i can increase that to like 130-140? or more?

thanks

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind helping, but after this thread I'll just recommend you get your motor built with MMR or buy shit from SHM. Or the responses below, or any to follow will probably be more than acceptable in my book.

Get a triple pump flux compactor with a blow off valve!

Cut a hole in the floor, and run your ass off..And make sure your window and door can hold a very large order of bronto ribs...

Oh, and rep for you gentlemen.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I think my automotive IQ dropped a few hundred points just now. Is this guy plain retarded or something?

Joser281

Reaction score
demotivational-posters-prenatal-facepalm.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I believe there was something to do with your foglights...

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I can not believe this guy. I mean it's one thing to ask a stupid question, but this one takes the cake. I don't even have anything funny to say. I'm in shock. Has to be a troll, nobody is that stupid.

Fuck me, he's from Virginia, too Geesus, if we don't already look bad enough

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
What cheap ways can i raise my horsepower? and how much horsepower will each upgrade give me?
Links? prices?

is there any way i can actually increase the speed of my car? without adding nos and things like that. cuz thats expensive lol
like right now my car hits 120mph,is there any way i can increase that to like 130-140? or more?

thanks

This is what you need.

Attachments

• awesome.jpg
    awesome.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 96

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
I feel like I got cheated a whole minute of my life to look at this thread...I know some people are stupid but this one takes the cake.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Links? prices?

thanks

unlike other posters who were born with knowledge, I too had to learn as I went along. And I also asked questions that some may have thought stupid, but weren't stupid to me since I did not know. Fortunately there were a few that took a few precious minutes of their important lives and helped me instead of ridiculing me.

To the OP; the cheapest, easiest, most bang for your buck horsepower gains will come from a cold air intake and a tune. Don't buy a cai that requires no tune, it won't help. JLT and C&L are probably 2 good places to look at for a cai. If you can get a package deal on a tuner with your cai that's the way to go. Download the tune for your intake and a higher octane rating and you'll pick up maybe 20 hp.

You can also raise your top speed limiter with a tuner. I'm hoping you're hitting 120 someplace that's safe, like a track so I won't assume otherwise.

Good luck with your quest for more hp and speed. It's what all of us car guys want. Working on your own car and making it different and better is a great hobby.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back