New Toys :)

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
Update:

Ford sent the wrong parts.

Apparently they don't know what the fuck a muffler hangar looks like. Why would they, it's not like they built the car or anything.

I damn near just put my computer through the wall.

I'm ordering these.

Will they work?

Last edited:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Post a pic of what they sent you.

Knowing some of thoes Ford service reps...

DSC02324.jpg

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there an apparent misunderstanding here about keeping bullshit out of Tech threads? Just because it isn't in the 4.6 L Tech section doesn't mean it isn't in the Tech section.

That is the only warning. You got a burr in your ass with him you take it elsewhere.

Reaction score
He started it in one of my threads, in his sig, sending me pm's, posting messages everywhere on here talking shit to me.
Yet mods do nothing to this piss ant.
I have not had one problem with anyone here till this kid came along and started shit with me and keeps on doing it.

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
He started it in one of my threads, in his sig, sending me pm's, posting messages everywhere on here talking shit to me.
I have not had one problem with anyone here till this kid came along and started shit with me and keeps on doing it.
...right.

Re-routing this abortion of a thread:

I'm installing these tomorrow after school.

Ford wanted 300 bucks for the hangars (iunno what the fuck happened there), so I basically said, "Screw it, I'll make my own."

We're taking rods, and we'll bend them up around the hangar and weld them to the frame. We'll coat it in some rubber, which will hopefully keep it from resonating through the frame and into the cabin. Hopefully.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I read the thread and know what you are talking about. That is not the point. The point is DON'T FUCK UP THREADS IN THE TECHNICAL AREA, and the point is not open for debate. Like I said, you want to continue your little love fest, do it somewhere other than a thread in the Tech area. As far as the mods "doing anything"... anything he said was said outside of the Tech area. You've been here long enough to know people argue, bitch, whine, moan, groan, and piss about nearly anything. Are we suddenly supposed to give a shit because he was observant enough to to ask you why you were camera shopping when a short time ago you didn't have a bucket to piss in or a window to throw it out of?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
...right.

Re-routing this abortion of a thread:

I'm installing these tomorrow after school.

Ford wanted 300 bucks for the hangars (iunno what the fuck happened there), so I basically said, "Screw it, I'll make my own."

We're taking rods, and we'll bend them up around the hangar and weld them to the frame. We'll coat it in some rubber, which will hopefully keep it from resonating through the frame and into the cabin. Hopefully.

what hangers are you talking about ? The mounts that bolt to the frame ? 2 per side ? I think Pypes has them, $300 from Ford seems a little spendy. Seems like there's something missing here.

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
Those are the ones. Pypes does have them, but we're just gonna go with a fab job. I guess we'll see how it goes :/

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Those are the ones. Pypes does have them, but we're just gonna go with a fab job. I guess we'll see how it goes :/

interesting, $300 @Ford ? Sure you were being quoted the same parts ? Post some pics of your custom fab, I gotta see this,,,,

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
I know. It's retarded, I thought they were like 60 bucks.

It'll definitely be...interesting. May not be too pretty, but it'll be functional (hopefully).

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I know. It's retarded, I thought they were like 60 bucks.

It'll definitely be...interesting. May not be too pretty, but it'll be functional (hopefully).

long as it works, no one is gonna see it down there anyway, (but us). Good luck.

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
They're on:

I ended up having to do a custom H pipe. I didn't realize that the precat O2 sensor on the driver's side isn't actually on the pipe. That, plus the bends are different on the pipe. We ended up cutting past the H, welding it to the Y, and then going from there.

Sorry for the Droid pics, I don't own a $400 camera.

RearViewAll-1.jpg

ZoominRear-1.jpg

Tip.jpg

SideView.jpg

Ken, here are some pictures of the driver's side custom fab-up:

e6f5ab57.jpg

455f825d.jpg

9bbcb28d.jpg

I still have to adjust how far the left tip sticks out (it sticks out about 5/8th of an inch), as well as angle of the right tip. It's slightly angled inward.

Last edited:

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
They're on:

I ended up having to do a custom H pipe. I didn't realize that the precat O2 sensor on the driver's side isn't actually on the pipe. That, plus the bends are different on the pipe. We ended up cutting past the H, welding it to the Y, and then going from there.

Sorry for the Droid pics, I don't own a $400 camera.

RearViewAll-1.jpg

ZoominRear-1.jpg

Tip.jpg

SideView.jpg

Ken, here are some pictures of the driver's side custom fab-up:

e6f5ab57.jpg

455f825d.jpg

9bbcb28d.jpg

I still have to adjust how far the left tip sticks out (it sticks out about 5/8th of an inch), as well as angle of the right tip. It's slightly angled inward.

looks good, seems like all the aftermarket mufflers need some adjustment. I've had 3 different kinds on, they're all mass produced and needing a little tweak. Well done !

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back