check engine light after throttle body spacer installation

zcalmustang

Reaction score
So I just installed my stack throttle spacer today and after driving for 15 minutes the check engine light came on. Any reason that this is happening and is my engine in danger of being damaged? [SFIRE][/SFIRE]

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
It turned on because the computer noticed the increase in airflow. You need bigger injectors.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you probably didnt reconnect something properly. go buy an sct x3 and JLT combo and check what codes it threw

zcalmustang

Reaction score
Alright, So I took off the spacer for a while but now the tire pressure light is blinking. wtf! what is the deal with this??

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Go to autozone and have them pull the code.

Come back here and search that code.

zcalmustang

Reaction score
Called AM and they said to reinstall using a different sealant and that the tpms light was blinking because the ecu was reregistering something. Thx to all who had helpful answers

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Thank you for getting the fuckin joke haha

huh? no seriously, it would be best to do 52lb's and a GT500 dual pump setup, but you can get away with doing a BAP if you keep it at about 450rwhp...
as long as he doesnt have a fog light delete, he should be OK with the 39's and a BAP...

:hi:
:LMAO:

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
the bigger injectors and the gt500 fuel pump will only fix the check engine light.for the tire pressure light you need to fill the tires with 35 psi of air or untill the light goes out,wichever comes first.whats happening is that the extra amount of incoming air from the spacer is giving you so much power that is throwing off the rotation of the tires.the more air will increase the tire and counter the light.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Adding a throttle body spacer can distribute so much power to the wheels that it actually moves the earth below you instead of the car actually moving forward, this in turn trips the yaw control and intertia stabilizer/sensors in the system and throws a code at you.

The tire CEL is probably due to the torque actually making the tires slip on the rim as you move forward.

In lamens terms: I hope you saved the receipt.

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Is your 710 cap loose? Sorry had to. LOL
710cap.jpg

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
lol

Your best bet is to get your money back. TB spacer on an EFI car is useless.

totally worthless. Send it back and save up for a JLT and a tuner. Or a CnL and a tuner. Can't believe people spend good money for that shit TB spacer, what a rip off.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back