Nitto NT555

Gio

Reaction score
Can anyone that have the Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance 255-35-20 tire please let me know how much life or miles I can get from these. Normal driving conditions. I do not do burnouts or any of that. Thank You

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Do you already own them?
Cuz Nitto just redesigned that tire, it's now the NT555 G2.
So any info from the previous tire really won't apply to the new one

Gio

Reaction score
Do you already own them?
Cuz Nitto just redesigned that tire, it's now the NT555 G2.
So any info from the previous tire really won't apply to the new one

I do not own it. Looking to buy. But on Discount site they are advetising the Extreme.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I do not own it. Looking to buy. But on Discount site they are advetising the Extreme.

Do they still show them in stock?
When I bought my G2's they still had the old model on the site but was a "special order" tire, not in stock

Anyway, regular driving you can probably expect about 30k miles out of them

Gio

Reaction score
Do they still show them in stock?
When I bought my G2's they still had the old model on the site but was a "special order" tire, not in stock

Anyway, regular driving you can probably expect about 30k miles out of them

Not sure if they are in stock. I do see the G2s they are listed for $1.00 more. Not bad. 30k miles is not bad. I just started shopping for wheels and tires and it seems its cheaper to go with 20 rims. Tires are cheaper. As im sure you know. Thanks for the info

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
30 K miles from either the NT-555 or the NT-555 G2. If buying new, get the G2 version.

if you want really long life the Nitto MOTIVO has a tread wear rating of 560. I use Motivo's for fall + winter, and NT-555's for spring + summer. ( I have 2 sets of rims, so 8 in all).

http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt555-g2-ultra-high-performance-tire/

They make the motivo in a 255-35-20. The motivo has better traction than my NT-555 in the dry..and WAY better in the wet. The new 555 G2 is a different story. The g2 has slightly better dry traction than the motivo, but the G2 is not quite as good in the rain vs the motivo.

On paper, the motivo should be good for 56 K miles.

Gio

Reaction score
30 K miles from either the NT-555 or the NT-555 G2. If buying new, get the G2 version.

if you want really long life the Nitto MOTIVO has a tread wear rating of 560. I use Motivo's for fall + winter, and NT-555's for spring + summer. ( I have 2 sets of rims, so 8 in all).

http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt555-g2-ultra-high-performance-tire/

They make the motivo in a 255-35-20. The motivo has better traction than my NT-555 in the dry..and WAY better in the wet. The new 555 G2 is a different story. The g2 has slightly better dry traction than the motivo, but the G2 is not quite as good in the rain vs the motivo.

On paper, the motivo should be good for 56 K miles.

Thank you very informative. Deff going with Nittos.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you very informative. Deff going with Nittos.

I just checked, the Motivo's come with a 60K mile warranty. But this is only if they are rotated.....per my local tire shop. Same deal applies to other tires, so if you are staggered, you can't rotate front to back.

Gio

Reaction score
I just checked, the Motivo's come with a 60K mile warranty. But this is only if they are rotated.....per my local tire shop. Same deal applies to other tires, so if you are staggered, you can't rotate front to back.

Thank you for the heads up. I really appreciate it. I am going to go 18x9 all around and will be rotating. Getting the black shelbys from AM with the Nittos. Cant wait!!!

Gio

Reaction score
I will actually get the tires elsewhere so I can go with the Nittos G2 instead.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Go with the g2's. The 555's are a decent tire, but are probably over 10 years old now in design. There are better tires out there for the same money.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I had FAR better results out of my ExtremeContact DW. Less tram-lining, better traction, better wet handling characteristics.

The NT-555 is > 10 yrs old..and it's not the best in the rain, it's a poor rain tire at best. Dry traction is ok, but could be better. I think Nitto has finally figured this all out....hence the new G2 version...at the same price! Way overdue, but better late than never. It will be interesting to see how the new G2 version compares to the other brands of tires out there.

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The NT555 is at least 15 years old and I'm pretty sure that they actually date back to the 90's as I bought a set in 2003 and they were not new on the market back then, heck the drag radial 555R's came out in 2001 or so.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
While I had the same question as the original poster....

Can I ask another since traction was brought up?

And this might be better to answer with the G2's after they hit the market... BUT....
How are they with hooking on up asphalt? Or should I be looking more to the Drag radials?

After hitting ice and causing damage back in January, my GT will be parked for winters to come.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back