Looking for a vacuum source for my breather can

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
The CFM one way check valve functions just like the factory oil cap during part throttle under normal driving conditions.. The check valve opens only when under full throttle, boosted conditions to relieve crankcase pressure.. At any rate, you shouldn't run across any issues with oil spitting out from the breather filter..

So I swapped driver's cam cover with the pcv still installed (glad never sold it). So now it's connected to a sealed catch can going back to the intake manifold.

However I'm not quite sure that I'm understanding what you mean by swapping the driver's side cam cover with the pcv still installed.. So in other words, did you replace the driver's side cam cover with an aftermarket cover without the pcv valve or did you uninstall the cam cover and cut out the pcv valve ?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
After reading over the thread link you posted, I have a much better understanding now.. As I didn't know you had another set of cam covers that you had cut out the pcv valve from..

So in theory, if running an inline pcv/check valve routed from the breather can to the intake manifold, you shouldn't have any issues with un-metered air entering the crankcase, providing that your factory pcv port from the air intake tube leading to the throttle body has also been capped off, your factory PCV system should now be completely deactivated.. At any rate you should now be just fine with your breather setup.. However just to be on the safe side, I would still recommend adding the CFM one way check valve oil cap breather just for added insurance protection anyhow..

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
In this video you can see my oil cap breather spit out bunch of oil right after the pull (with no check valve):

https://youtu.be/BFbp6DUzhpU

Just watched your video and could definitely see oil spitting out after the dyno pull with no check valve in the oil cap breather..

With the CFM oil cap breather that includes baffling with the one way check ball valve, you shouldn't run across any further issues with oil spitting out..

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back