Any movie buffs or movie goers?

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It was. It probably saved Keanu Reeves acting career. He was slowly disappearing.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was. It probably saved Keanu Reeves acting career. He was slowly disappearing.

Nah, he drops in at odd times. Thought he was great in Constantine. Heard there will be a Wick sequel... Hopefully it's a bad ass sequel.

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
Went to see McFarland, USA on Saturday. Was a great movie. I liked it way more than I thought I would.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nah, he drops in at odd times. Thought he was great in Constantine. Heard there will be a Wick sequel... Hopefully it's a bad ass sequel.

I guess your right. He does drop in at times.

Went to see McFarland, USA on Saturday. Was a great movie. I liked it way more than I thought I would.

Was curious if that was going to be good. Will have to check it out.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I drive through McFarland everytime I race at Famoso.

I also loved Constantine. A John Wick sequel would be amazing.

I heard the sequel is when they kill his cat. However no one cared, including John Wick so they have to rewrite it.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
for those who like their Martial Arts movies brutal...

and for added brutality the (better!) sequel...

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score

Me and the wife (and newborn) are finally going to see this on Thursday morning. McFarland is my hometown and I actually went to high school right at the end of that state championship run. I live 25 min south in Bakersfield now, but a lot of my family still live there, including my parents. The entire town was very excited to hear about them making a movie about it, and it was cool seeing them film out there. The high school has changed a lot since I graduated there, and I'm glad they are improving it like they have. They just redid the football field and are using a lot of the money to put back into the school. Can't wait to go see it.

I drive through McFarland everytime I race at Famoso.

Do you actually drive through McFarland??? It's still a few miles north of the famoso exit off the 99. You can't miss it, unless you blink haha.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Just finished watching McFarland and must say, even if it weren't my hometown, I'd still recommend this movie! Definitely a feel good movie.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I also thought john wick was really good. But my expectations were pretty low..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw Focus today. Awesome movie. Wasn't expecting that at all. Well written and acted.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just watched John Wick. Not bad but a little more unrealistic then some, nobody is that good.

I don't know--I think I liked it for the exact opposite reason. I thought Keanu Reeves actually moved very fast/quick which made it (for me) more believable then most. In fact, a few scenes have him actually reloading--how often does that happen in Hollywood?

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Went and saw furious 7 today. It was awesome. I know a lot of people don't like the fast movies but they are fun. This one was just as over the top as ever. The stunt scenes were great and from what I could tell they used alot of practical effects.

The ending also had quite the nice tribute to Paul walker

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I'm fired up about furious 7. I am actually watching furious 6 on dvr right now, and hope to go see the new one tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back