Ruining a good car--my "build " thread

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
I have followed your car on IG for a while. Looks stellar.:highfive:
Word up!! Whats your IG name?

Very nice seats.

I'm with you on the IRS as well. I would swap it into my GT500 (as long as it could hold the power relatively well).

Also I may be stealing that color you have on your F14's I love it.

Which color? I seem to change thing very fast. They might be a different color again very soon. I have A.D.D. when it comes to coloring crap. A few weeks and I hate the color. Actually I hate white I assume I will be keeping this car for awhile by next summer it will be something other than white.

Car wise. I bought a neato 30 dollar trans whiteline bushing. I figure for 30 bucks it cannot hurt.

I also have semi bad news, knuckles might be in the short list. As in I think I might have them modified next week lol. Since this car is my "nice" drift car, it literally doubles as a daily and the car isn't exactly cheap I dont want to ruin it with junky knuckles. However, I just cant get around the fact I love having the angle option. Turning around on regular streets without having to do the reverse, forward reverse move, not spinning as easy at drift days (though ours are few), tight radius donuts...I all seems like a bonus right?

A major plus is OEM knuckels have come down from about 250 a corner to about 100 a corner so its making it easier to modify mine as a stock replacement isnt hard to come by IF they suck.

Last edited:

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Any one have this issue? When I manji the car is not real responsive. I cant decide if its because the car is heavy, not enough front grip, too much rear grip or a combination of it all. Also when coming out of a corner and I straighten out the car litterally launches forward. My guess is my traction brackets are too blame doing their job too well.

Any one have input?

What i plan on doing is adjusting my rear LOWER links from completely parallel to slightly angled to reduce the "launch " problem.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
7DC7D68A-A70F-47CD-B916-DE01B17E419D_zpsu4z3ktdf.jpg

This dark brown.

I was looking at matte finishes, but the more I look at it, I think a gloss-finished metallic dark bronze/brown would compliment the glossy black paint.

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
those seats look really nice. Any chance of showing what changes you had to do to the railings to make them work? I hate how much I move around on the seat of my car when I'm road racing and this could be a suitable solution for me.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
those seats look really nice. Any chance of showing what changes you had to do to the railings to make them work? I hate how much I move around on the seat of my car when I'm road racing and this could be a suitable solution for me.

I didnt take pics but I had to move the sliders out a few inches on each side and drill new holes in the brackets to hold the sliders. I also had to drill two holes (one in each slider) to mount the seat up too. Its pretty easy. Just measure twice drill once.

7DC7D68A-A70F-47CD-B916-DE01B17E419D_zpsu4z3ktdf.jpg

This dark brown.

I was looking at matte finishes, but the more I look at it, I think a gloss-finished metallic dark bronze/brown would compliment the glossy black paint.

Hell yeah man do it. The color is called lazer brown and I got it from prizmatic powders. Just google search it.

fuelculture

Reaction score
Dude, I love this car! Have I seen you over on the huge Mustang drift group over at Talkdrift.com ?

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
I was there for a while. Didnt see much forum movement so I never returned

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Word up!! Whats your IG name?

Which color? I seem to change thing very fast. They might be a different color again very soon. I have A.D.D. when it comes to coloring crap. A few weeks and I hate the color. Actually I hate white I assume I will be keeping this car for awhile by next summer it will be something other than white.

Car wise. I bought a neato 30 dollar trans whiteline bushing. I figure for 30 bucks it cannot hurt.

I also have semi bad news, knuckles might be in the short list. As in I think I might have them modified next week lol. Since this car is my "nice" drift car, it literally doubles as a daily and the car isn't exactly cheap I dont want to ruin it with junky knuckles. However, I just cant get around the fact I love having the angle option. Turning around on regular streets without having to do the reverse, forward reverse move, not spinning as easy at drift days (though ours are few), tight radius donuts...I all seems like a bonus right?

A major plus is OEM knuckels have come down from about 250 a corner to about 100 a corner so its making it easier to modify mine as a stock replacement isnt hard to come by IF they suck.

I wanna see this build. What's your IG? Mine is ricky_strom

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
its @nsynclover421

Also knuckles showed up today, but I'm out of town. I hope to get them bolted up on saturday, figure out if harness(s) will need to be moved, figure out optimum wheel width & offset.

Not sure if i mentioned I am going to raise the car a bit. It sits slightly too low IMO.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I really hope the 2015 has IRS that bolts into these cars. I also hope guys want straight axles for drag racing. I hope to scoop an IRS up if bolting one up is the case

Since the entire chassis is being designed around the IRS and it's sharing nothing in regards to wheelbase, suspension design, or really much other than the engine and transmission I wouldn't hold your breath on it. My guess is that the 15+ will be as compatible with the S197 chassis as the 99-04 cobra IRS is, which is to say not bolt in compatible in the slightest.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Since the entire chassis is being designed around the IRS and it's sharing nothing in regards to wheelbase, suspension design, or really much other than the engine and transmission I wouldn't hold your breath on it. My guess is that the 15+ will be as compatible with the S197 chassis as the 99-04 cobra IRS is, which is to say not bolt in compatible in the slightest.

yeah we will see. I'm banking on the fact ford had pretty much the same suspension from what 79-04 in mustangs anyway? Ive also seen some spy shots of a s197 with IRS. At this point its a toss up, who knows. Either way it doesnt really matter. the faults with the straight axle, i feel, Im a good enough driver I can compensate for the issues.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Got my knuckles in today but apparently im in uncharted waters. After seeing a comment from Terry of Vorshlag and speaking to him more. I may need a need rack. Seems the 2011 only racks can freak out when LCA's or even just bushings in the LCA are changed. Once the rack freaks out it cannot be reversed. What happens when the knuckle pickup point is modified? who knows. I spoke to Derrick whom modded them and he has never put these on an 11 with a stock rack, matter of fact he says this is only the second 11 to have them. I just hope it works out cause the 1000 rack will be the death of this car, i will just let it sit for the summer.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Not sure what happens to the rack but of course the knuckles just have a shorter pickup point on the part where the tie rod connects. That just makes the steering slightly quicker and allows you to get more steering angle.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
yeah know how the knuckles work same principle as what my Nissan had. We will see what happens, Terry was sayin the car is almost undriveable. I was thinkin too I temoved the steering stops and it didnt skip a beatso we will see.

I got everything bolted up but the tie rods are too long so i either need to cut them down (ugggh) or find an off the shelf ones that are shorter. Odd thing is usually you have to have longer tie rods with a knuckle modifcation. I emailed derrick to see what he says.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
so i will have to cut the outter and the inner tie rod down buy about 1/2 -3/4 of an inch. i got the inner done and now off to my workplace to use the chop saw for the outter.

also reinstalling the steering stops to cut down on angle.

also with a whiteline sway bar the endlinks bind so i had to move the links out to other holes which basically makes the sway bar act like a stiffer bar.

still have yet to finish it so dont know if harness moving will need to happen also dont know about rack yet.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
what a pain in the ass.

got a big ass tq wrench to tq hub bearinfs to 250 ft/lbs

got the outters all cut down

yup im wearing flip flops whilst workin on my car

the wheel will also eat the harness even with a 25mm spacer which makes my wheel a 9.5 +6 and the steering stops in. I guess i will either need to move the harness or i may be a cheese dick for now and just put a metal plate to block them from the tire. My time is limited these next few weeks so pulling a harness out at this time is a hard thing to find time for. In july i will have free time so that may be a project for then.

Tomorrow i will get my toe set good enough to drive to the alignment rack. I will also post before and after angle pics. i also realized I have different sway bar links so I may try them. they are longer and will allow less bind

Also raised car today by about 1/2 inch.

Last edited:

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
so far so good on the rack. some light sliding and interstate speeds up to about 85. although after reading a bit the boss 302s might be on the list of future items.

As time progresses and Terry/Vorshlag hone their car its be coming inspirational. Basically I would mimic/steal/copy a few of his ideas and tweak them for my use. For instance running some super wide tires for the street would be cool come drift day I could easily swap out wheels and tires which I do now anyway.

I also love his hood and cooling solution both functional and both applicable to drifting.

Truth be told where drifting has come in the last 5-6 years is depressing to me. If a road course wasnt 8-10 hrs from my house I could easily take a break from
drifting.

For now though I will carry on. alignment next week, weeken after next is a drift event.

I hope I can get this or my beater car in good enough order to drive.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back