COD Black Ops III

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I know just about everyone is done with COD, especailly after how bad Ghosts was and the shit hole that was Advanced Warfare, but I have always preferred Treyarch's titles over IW (COD4 excluded). Interested to see what they do with Black Ops III. This is the first COD in a long time that has had 3 years to develop vs the usual two.

Murdamarshall

forum member
Reaction score
I love all cod titles, I don't care what nobody says. super stoked for this.

Jyard

Jyard
Reaction score
Ghosts was definitely shit. Advanced Warfare is actually playable if you're able to get out of the spawn without dying. I think the Treyarch games have been more fun, so I'm excited about Black Ops 3.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
It is all about the Battlefield. So much better weapons, more realistic and the conquest mode is where it is at. I jumped out of COD after Modern Warfare II

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Finally!!! Someone with some sense in here! I havent played BF in a couple of months. I went through all the trouble to unlock the hidden bow and then quit playing like 2 weeks later LOL. Im on a Gran Turismo kick again and been religiously running the GT Academy comp that they do annually. So far im ranked 328th in the world and 24th in the US (or was as of last night) for fastest lap time. If I make top 20 on the final round I get a chance to be on the show they do and fight for a chance to get a license to race professionally!

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Until a game developer makes a game where the weapons have damage that is accurately represented than it is all bullshit. There is no way for example a HK UMP is just as or more powerful than a M14 or HK G3. I always shake my head when someone drops me with a arm or leg hit from a pistol caliber chambered sub-gun while my center mass hit from a high powered rifle round doesn't do shit.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Agreed. But I figure theyd lose followers quick if they did so. Reason being is most guns could kill you in a few shots at most in reality. Its to give you a chance to react to being shot though. They have to accommodate for those that wont play with the strategy of avoiding being shot and would rather run and gun instead. The one gripe ive got with BF are the head glitches found on all the maps. This was especially bad in BF3. You could put yourself behind say a dumpster and all the enemy can see is your head. But the catch is that it glitches and allows your head to not be shot or it takes away the amount of damage that can be done unless its a sniper rifle shot to the head. I used to play clan wars all the time and believe me when I say that all the top clans use those glitches that are available. Thats more frustrating to me. Also the shotguns have too much damage with certain ammo. For instance the explosive rounds. You can pretty much aim around someone and kill them within a few shots at most with those.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
05Gt,
THe game that will put it all to rest is when SOCOM comes out. Its been in development for a bit and there are videos of gameplay. But its all like early videos so it looks lack luster on graphics. But I think that will take some of the audience away if they do the game right. Its always been my favorite of all the games

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed that without body armor most firearms would seriously injure or kill you if shot with them but in full battle dress and body armor a pistol shouldn't deal the same 1 shot damage as a 7.62 in any sense much less up close. But I agree they have to cater to the majority who are kids who run and gun

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Do you guys mostly play online or the campaign? I don't play online very much. I prefer the campaign. And I've liked all of the COD so far. I pre ordered the new COD when I ordered my Batman version of the PS4.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I think I am starting to get bored of FPS honestly. After I stopped playing titanfall, i got battlefield 4 for a while and while it was a nice change from COD still got bored shooting shit.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Im in the same position. I was playing one day and literally just stopped the next. Lost interest. But all itll take is one good game for me and ill be on it again. Im really hoping for SOCOM to deliver. It always takes a while between releases and it usually delivers. With exception to the last one. I was rather disappointed in that one.

To answer the question, I play online exclusively. I get bored with campaigns. The last full story I played on a game was Metal Gear Solid 4 I believe. I always loved the story lines to MGS series. Only thing with it was that some cut scenes last well over an hour to watch the whole thing to catch the story.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah if your playing a metal gear solid game, better set some time away for yourself to make sure you catch everything.....Damn now I really want to play the original metal gear solid

DERRY90

forum member
Reaction score
9b9ff2191ad876af4a842951a6b73202.jpg
here's my black ops 3 emblem that it took forever to make but I quite like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Its crazy how things change. I remember everyone like IW COD games then Treyarch's games. Seems that the rules have reversed now.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
IW will always have my heart with COD games. MW2 to me was the best hands down. But they have gotten so stupid now that they are unbearable to me. Thats why im on Rainbow Six now and I never play COD. That has got to be the best shooter ive played since Socom Confrontation. But its team based where you must use tactics and be knowledgeable of maps, characters, breach points, etc. Its almost impossible to ace a match solo.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, never thought about playing Rainbow 6. Do you know if it's on steam for the PC?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back