Greetings from far, far away

icebroker

Reaction score
Well, if you zoom to "Nonner Strasse 25, 83435 Bad Reichenhall" you can see my base. But I guess Mountain Infantry is always a place where you usually go for vacation.

Alright, long time - no news.. until today. The parts finally arrived at my garage and things are getting serious now. Since it’s not myself who’s doing the swap but a mechanic I trust a lot, I‘m looking forward to get the pictures of the daily progress and post them here.
Nearly all parts from the 2011 GT are getting swapped to the 2005 V6. Engine, gearbox (from Auto to manual) front and rear suspension, breaks and more or less the whole interior (except the door panels, I don’t like this curvy part which gets slightly over the door).
This all should be done by end of the month...

I also bought the black 19“ rims with the Y-Design from the 2015 model.

Last edited by a moderator:

icebroker

Reaction score
To make a long story short: I finished my swap one month ago and the former V6 runs like hell! Those coyote swaps are awesome!!

I have swapped all parts, including dashboard, seats, harness, etc... so basically it’s a 2011 GT in a 2005 V6.

ab835554588ba94d355a30742539a708.jpg

Even if it was a 2011 Coupe, I could solve all issues so there is no function off..

I tested the Pony on the track (Nordschleife) afterwards and, for a Convertible, this ride is a completely new car!

f002443331b58e911d1d1e6ab5f21c96.jpg

Now I have a very last, little „challenge“. I‘m missing the rear seat for the Convertible. The seat itself fits, but the (not sure how to call it) part for my bag is different, since the coupe has two parts while the Convertible has it in one part. It’s also different compared to the 05-09, because the head rest was included while it’s different in the 11-14.

Anyone knows where to get it? I don’t care about the color/material.

So far
Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back